Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering an Accent hatch /w 6sp manual; I was wondering what the rpms are in 6th gear @60 mph?
Thanks.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Around 2,300 I believe.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The engine with 6 spd. manual does about 2500 rpms at 60 mph and about 2750 rpms at 70 mph. It's a pretty relaxed highway cruiser which was one of the things that sold me on the car. The Chevy Sonic's 6 spd does closer to 2000 rpms at 60 but in most circumstances you probably won't get better mileage because of it...largely because of the ~ 400 lb. weight difference. I find that if I'm going 65 mph and run into a moderately steep grade, I don't really have to downshift in the Accent. The fifth and sixth gears ( .89 and .77 ) are both pretty tall but the transmission/engine management do a good job keeping things going.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I had heard that they were geared taller than most subcompacts, but wanted to be sure. I think that seals the deal for me :cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just bought a GLS with 6 speed manual. It gets 25 MPH per 1,000 RPM in 6th gear. 2400 at 60 MPH sounds about right. It is very relaxed and quiet at 80 MPH. No need to downshift to pass either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts