Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done any custom paint work on the new Sonata?

I saw a nice "ghost" mural on a Toyota Solara deck lid a couple of years ago.

Could barely see it unless you were at the right light angle.

Kind of curious.

·
Banned
630 Posts
why destroy already crappy resale value???

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (Flying Fossil @ Jul 19 2010, 10:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342861
Ok Mr. Expert, tell me all about the crappy resale value. You seem to think you have a brain.
this coming from a guy with a screen name of "flying fossil" :rolleyes:

think about it..I know it's not tough although for some (including yourself) it might be, but picture this....ANY aftermarket mod devalues a car instantly (because modded cars are attributed to the young and dumb)...custom paint just devalues it even more, unless of course you find someone just as dumb as yourself who actually likes what you did.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Dude, were you born angry and depressed or did you work hard all your life to attain it?

Sorry but you usually don't post very many nice comments to anyone....

Back to topic,,, I haven't seen any custom paint on any Hyundai's around here .. Not to say it isn't done, just haven't seen any.,

·
Registered
84 Posts
QUOTE (Quigley21 @ Jul 19 2010, 12:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342892
Dude, were you born angry and depressed or did you work hard all your life to attain it?

Back to topic,,, I haven't seen any custom paint on any Hyundai's around here .. Not to say it isn't done, just haven't seen any.,
yeah, this NT2SHBBY dude always has to chime in and it is usually not very helpful. That's what happens when someone has to try so hard to prove they are smarter than you. They just come off as a douche

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (Quigley21 @ Jul 19 2010, 12:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342892

hey old man, go find the rock that you crawled out from under, and please go back there....read the chronology...dude asked a question, i responded and he responded in a nasty tone so I repaid the favor.....

but if you don't like what I say, go find the IGNORE button and utilize it....and if you want this seasoned IT guy to show you how to work it, I'd be more than happy to. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (venetian-v @ Jul 19 2010, 01:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342911
yeah, this NT2SHBBY dude always has to chime in and it is usually not very helpful. That's what happens when someone has to try so hard to prove they are smarter than you. They just come off as a douche
I'm sorry....was I supposed to care about what you have to say????

·
Registered
84 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jul 19 2010, 01:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342913
hey old man, go find the rock that you crawled out from under, and please go back there....read the chronology...dude asked a question, i responded and he responded in a nasty tone so I repaid the favor.....

but if you don't like what I say, go find the IGNORE button and utilize it....and if you want this seasoned IT guy to show you how to work it, I'd be more than happy to. :thumbsup:
shouldn't the seasoned IT guy be doing some IT work instead of cluttering up message boards all day

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (venetian-v @ Jul 19 2010, 01:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342916
shouldn't the seasoned IT guy be doing some IT work instead of cluttering up message boards all day

some of us are actually more capable of doing more than just one thing at a time. :liebe011:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Real friendly and informative qrupe of people here.
Some have worthwhile opinions, others just think they do.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I dunno, i personally thought NT2SHBBY was simply stating it as it is. I dont think adding paint and other accessory to a car will improve its resale value at all with Hyundai still fighting to improve their brand image to the level of Toyota and Honda. But itd be awesome if we could see some picture of people putting something on the Sonata to make it even better that it already is.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (Kobe_81 @ Jul 20 2010, 02:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=343122
I dunno, i personally thought NT2SHBBY was simply stating it as it is. I dont think adding paint and other accessory to a car will improve its resale value at all with Hyundai still fighting to improve their brand image to the level of Toyota and Honda. But itd be awesome if we could see some picture of people putting something on the Sonata to make it even better that it already is.
thank you thank you! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't think that adding a custom Ghost paint job would decrease the value any but it won't increase it any either, It will however limit the number of prospective buyers as some folks just won't like it. With that being said it's your car do what you want.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry for staying on topic and not discussing re-sale value, but to answer the OP's question, you probably won't see many custom paint jobs on these cars because of the age group that primarily purchases them. The new Elantra might be a different story.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Come on people, aint nobody gonna stay around if flame wars get started like this! He only asked if anybody has done a custom paint job!

I'm in the business and though i've considered painting my car some wild color just for business purpose i'm afraid to say people who want that kind of stuff, usually can't afford it, so it wouldn't be in my best interest to promote custom paint jobs! Did it in my younger days but i'm over it.

In regards to resale value, that gets bought up quite a lot around here, if somebody wants to drop their resale value I say go ahead! Doesn't affect me at all! Isn't your money! Some opinions are just not necessary!

Peace and Love amongst Sonatonians!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts