Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 GT hit 50K miles this week, and Casper is still going strong. I retired so don't drive as many miles as I did, but still get out on the Texas Autobahn (Toll 130) to air her out every week or so.

At 50K:

third set of tires (yeah, nothing wrong with the car, it's my driving style)

12 oil changes

original brakes. I drive fast, don't use the brakes much. :)

minor body work after a jerk was throwing rocks off a building and nailed the drivers side rear door. Happened on the exact one year date of ownership.

Two intake cleanings. One by me, one by the shop.

Alignment is still spot on.

Added a secondary rear stabilizer bar.

Still fun to drive, great maneuverability, still gets 32-34mpg at 80MPH.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Zero issues here too. Hit 50k a few weeks ago! Took it in for a CEL at ~25k for an emissions evap cannister that needed replaced. Did the brake boot recall in the spring. New tyres at 20k

·
Registered
101 Posts
2013 GT automatic GLS trim. 27350 miles. still on original everything other than oil/filter and changed cabin and engine air filters. no problems, alignment good. did the recalls on ecm and brake, no problems. I use
5w20 synthetic oil. all oil changes done by a home mechanic with a full hoist in his garage. original tires. in november to april I use steel rims with WS80 blizzak blizzasd winter tires. because I am in Canada and we do tend to get snow now and then. no rust, body is perfect and no engine problems. touch wood.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Old thread but I thought I'ld chime in.

My 2013 EGT has 106,000 miles on it. I have done all the maintenance on it. So far, I've only had two non-regular maintenance related items.

The first issue was the HVAC blower. It had a raspy sound when the blower was at level 1 or 2. Eventually, I got tired of it and replaced the blower with an OEM Bosch unit for about $80.

Recently I was having warm start issues. It was a PITA because it was intermittent and I was convinced it was a fuel issue. I read on this forum that people were having similar issues and they thought it was a fuel pump issue. It wasn't. Eventually, a CEL showed up. It turned out to be P0335. I changed the crankshaft position sensor with an aftermarket one ($15) and now the car runs like it did brand new.

·
Registered
2019 Elantra GT N Line, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (SOLD)
1,871 Posts
Old thread but I thought I'ld chime in.

My 2013 EGT has 106,000 miles on it. I have done all the maintenance on it. So far, I've only had two non-regular maintenance related items.

The first issue was the HVAC blower. It had a raspy sound when the blower was at level 1 or 2. Eventually, I got tired of it and replaced the blower with an OEM Bosch unit for about $80.

Recently I was having warm start issues. It was a PITA because it was intermittent and I was convinced it was a fuel issue. I read on this forum that people were having similar issues and they thought it was a fuel pump issue. It wasn't. Eventually, a CEL showed up. It turned out to be P0335. I changed the crankshaft position sensor with an aftermarket one ($15) and now the car runs like it did brand new.
I have noticed warm start issues lately as well. Today was the worst yet. Car start off for MAYBE 5 minutes while I ran into a business. I come out and start the car and it didnt rev past 2k RPM and right after it "started" it nearly stalled out and ran rough for about 10 seconds. It seems to catch itself after that time. Drove fine afterwards. Does this sound like your problem? I dont know if it could be battery related since I do believe I have the original battery in the car which is nearly six years old now but it cranks fine on cold starts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have noticed warm start issues lately as well. Today was the worst yet. Car start off for MAYBE 5 minutes while I ran into a business. I come out and start the car and it didnt rev past 2k RPM and right after it "started" it nearly stalled out and ran rough for about 10 seconds. It seems to catch itself after that time. Drove fine afterwards. Does this sound like your problem? I dont know if it could be battery related since I do believe I have the original battery in the car which is nearly six years old now but it cranks fine on cold starts.
If I started the car right away after shutting it off, the car would start back up without a problem.

If I started the car when it was cold, the car would start without a problem.

It was only when the car was warm and I waited 5 - 30 minutes after shutting off the that I would have stuttering. I would have to shut down the engine and try it again. It turns out that the CPS becomes sensitive to heat when it gets old.

An aftermarket CPS is cheap and relatively easy to replace. You just have to know how to remove the connector from the bracket holding it to the car. There's a tiny hole in the bracket. You have to push the lever through this hole to release it.

·
Registered
2019 Elantra GT N Line, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (SOLD)
1,871 Posts
If I started the car right away after shutting it off, the car would start back up without a problem.

If I started the car when it was cold, the car would start without a problem.

It was only when the car was warm and I waited 5 - 30 minutes after shutting off the that I would have stuttering. I would have to shut down the engine and try it again. It turns out that the CPS becomes sensitive to heat when it gets old.

An aftermarket CPS is cheap and relatively easy to replace. You just have to know how to remove the connector from the bracket holding it to the car. There's a tiny hole in the bracket. You have to push the lever through this hole to release it.
Shoot I mean I still have warranty but its probably not worth trying to fit it unless I get a check engine light for it. Ill look around for OEM part numbers and OE parts as well. Thanks

·
Registered
786 Posts
What's a CPS? my car will occasionally start funny if it's been hot and off for about 10-30 minutes.

I have the keyless system, but under those exact conditions, it feels like it's a situation where the starter doesn't stay engaged long enough. I did that a few times in my old car with a traditional key setup.

·
Registered
4 Posts
CPS is crank shaft position sensor.

CyprusCorner, your symptoms sounds like the same as my car. I couldn't figure out what it was. Eventually, my car threw a CPS code, P0335.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts