Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so torn between 5000k or 6000k HID but after talking to the amazing guys at Xenon Supply, I decided to go with 5000k because it's brighter and because it the white lights match my car color.

These pictures don't do justice and are really bright whites in person! Charley just got fully detailed with wax. Pictures taken with iphone 5 camera.

The Crystal White LED lights from Precision LED are a perfect match to the HIDs and compliment each other really well!

Overall, I'm very VERY satisfied with the products and the service provided by Xenon Supply and PrecisionLED!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all! The forum vendors were wonderful! It's also great that both companies offered Labor day discounts last week so it was a win-win situation!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just curious, do you get any flickering with the hid? Is it a simple plug and play without relays? Or does the kit you have comes with a relay. I am very interested in purchasing one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Charley is looking hotter all the time, very nice.

Looking forward to your answers to elantraltd13. I have to learn about HID. B)
Here is their link.
Hyundai Elantra HID Xenon Headlight Package Deal

After reading their website, I'm leaning towards the 4300k. It pretty much comes with everything you need for install. Comes with an anti flickering capacitor to alleviate the flickering issue. This is definitely on my list of upgrades.

·
22,788 Posts
I think Ingrid's got an eye peeled out for Charley. ;) Charley is definitely representing!

If someone can't see Charley up ahead, it's certainly not his fault. That license plate area looks like it's torched up with flame throwers. Headlights are awesome, too. But, I just can't get over how nicely the back end looks at night.

If I was on patrol at night and ce upon you, I'd just pass by. Anyone that has their plate illuminated that brightly certainly doesn't have anything to hide. Awesome job!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you very much for the kind words yall!

Elantraltd2013, I have not yet seen any flickering issues when I'm driving or when I walk around the car but the kit does come with an Anti-Flickr capacitor. For my model, it turns out that is not needed per Xenon Supply customer service...but if your DRL is from the same bulb as your headlights, then you'll need to install.

Also, the 4300k HID will look good! I thought about that too but when I talked to XS, they said the 4300 has a tint of yellow while the 6000k has a tint of blue. Good thing is that they have the 5000k which is not even available as an option when you order online but is actually available upon request..so I went with that!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think Ingrid's got an eye peeled out for Charley. ;) Charley is definitely representing!

If someone can't see Charley up ahead, it's certainly not his fault. That license plate area looks like it's torched up with flame throwers. Headlights are awesome, too. But, I just can't get over how nicely the back end looks at night.

If I was on patrol at night and ce upon you, I'd just pass by. Anyone that has their plate illuminated that brightly certainly doesn't have anything to hide. Awesome job!
Thanks Rich! I love driving at night now! Sometimes I make excuses to do chores such as grocery shopping at night just because of these lights! :D I do love how bright the LEDs are while not being too bright or "ricey".

I'm just curious though, do you work for law enforcement? When ordering the LEDs, the thought actually came to my mind that it might draw attention from the police. Not like I'm driving like a crazy maniac or have anything to hide but I just didn't want any negative attention. :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just curious, do you get any flickering with the hid? Is it a simple plug and play without relays? Or does the kit you have comes with a relay. I am very interested in purchasing one.
Most of the kits for the 2011+ Elantra require and include the replay harness and one anti-flicker capacitor due to the sensitive electrical system in the car.

I've been running my HID setup for 2 years now without issue using the relay harness and anti-flicker capacitor.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Most of the kits for the 2011+ Elantra require and include the replay harness and one anti-flicker capacitor due to the sensitive electrical system in the car.

I've been running my HID setup for 2 years now without issue using the relay harness and anti-flicker capacitor.
Jbiesent, I appreciate the confidence booster there! Glad your lights are problem free! Did you purchase your kit from Xenon Supply as well?

Question for you: you said you're also using the anti flicker capacitor? I'm asking because when my tech guy installed it, the HID lights would not turn on. When we did not use the anti flicker, the HIDs worked just fine.

I have the 2011 model as well so I figured I'd ask you. When I called Xenon Supply they said the anti flicker is not needed for my model. Can you advise me on how you ran your setup?

Thank you!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey Ghernandez, I parted out each of the pieces individually on ebay as it worked out cheaper for me, but I used the exact same setup that xenonsupply has listed for the elantra.

When I installed my kit, I used the great wiring diagram from them as well.
http://www.xenonsupply.com/media/stock/Accessory-Wiring-Harness-Layout-w-Capacitor.jpg

The antiflicker capacitor should be installed in a very specific spot and if it isn't, I could see it leading to problems like you mentionned.

I also followed the very thorough video guide that Xenonsupply has on youtube for the 2011 Elantra to a T. It shows where to install the capacitor in the video. Just search for 2011 Elantra HID install and you should find it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Jbiesent, I appreciate the confidence booster there! Glad your lights are problem free! Did you purchase your kit from Xenon Supply as well?

Question for you: you said you're also using the anti flicker capacitor? I'm asking because when my tech guy installed it, the HID lights would not turn on. When we did not use the anti flicker, the HIDs worked just fine.

I have the 2011 model as well so I figured I'd ask you. When I called Xenon Supply they said the anti flicker is not needed for my model. Can you advise me on how you ran your setup?

Thank you!
I have the 2013 model with drl. They are two different bulbs. I think I have to use the anti flickering capacitor?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Elantraltd13, I would advise you to call Xenon Supply at 1800-840-3240. They are really good with customer service and can give you specific answers.

To answer your question though, when I talked to XS today and spoke to another rep to get a 2nd opinion, they did confirm that as long as the DRL is on a different bulb, then the anti flicker capacitor is not needed.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's the light output in case people out there are curious about getting the 5000k. Pure white in person. I think the picture show a slight yellow tint because of the amber colored turn signal part of the headlights.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Looks awesome. Really interested in these. What about your high beams though? I have a 2013 limited with DRLs, and the DRLs is also the high beam. So if you turn your high beams on, do they even do anything? Or are they overshadowed by the HID's. Before my previous mustang, I had put HID's on my old truck and the kit I got had highs and lows. Not sure if that's an option or what. Been awhile since I've looked at HIDs.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts