Hyundai Forums banner

5 Year Warranty

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  nolegz 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

Just taken my i10 for a first service £116.89 all in at my Kia dealership, they stamped the book and used genuine parts so I remain hopeful that the 5 Year warranty with Hyundi remains intact. They could not stamp the bodywork warranty booklet because they are not Hyundai dealers. Has anyone else taken their i10 to a non dealer for service and then taken the i10 for a bodywork inspection to the hyundi dealer? what is the likely cost for the "look at the bodywork" likely to be? If I did not bother I would no doubt lose that part of the warranty but would that have an effect on the mechanical part of the warranty any comments welcome.
Ruthy

#2 ·
TBH I have no idea what is that "body work check". I had my wife's i10 serviced by Hyundai dealer but no stamp in "body work section". Every other manufacturer will accept body work warranty if you service your car at the dealer or even after that without any special section stamps in your service book. Hyundai made it very unclear, complicated and probably as a form of escape route in case of a claim.

#4 ·
QUOTE (Cardiff Noddy @ Sep 4 2010, 07:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354276
I was quoted £30 by my local Hyundai dealer to inspect the body work, but was told it would only be £15 if I had the service at the same time.
when I had my i20 serviced at the Hyundai dealer the book was stamped for the bodywork check FOC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.