Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a lug nut conversion for the aaccnt? Or are they universal?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the title error, my phone auto corrected

·
Registered
265 Posts
Why would you need to convert from a 4 - 5 stud pattern? For aftermarket wheels? Most wheels you see can and do come in a 4 stud variant but usually have to be ordered.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why would you need to convert from a 4 - 5 stud pattern? For aftermarket wheels? Most wheels you see can and do come in a 4 stud variant but usually have to be ordered.
Just to have it, not particular reason really. It'd just be an extra something just because.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You might be able to spend some time in a junk yard and find the right size hub, but this is totally unnecessary. The 4 stud should be strong enough for anything you would do with an Accent. It would make no difference in performance, and there is no real reason to jump from 4 to 5, at least that I am aware of.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You might be able to spend some time in a junk yard and find the right size hub, but this is totally unnecessary. The 4 stud should be strong enough for anything you would do with an Accent. It would make no difference in performance, and there is no real reason to jump from 4 to 5, at least that I am aware of.
It's nothing for performance I know it'd only be needed to be done if I put some power down which the accent doesn't. But there's rims I'm looking at that only come in 5 lug nut patterns.

·
Registered
176 Posts
It's nothing for performance I know it'd only be needed to be done if I put some power down which the accent doesn't. But there's rims I'm looking at that only come in 5 lug nut patterns.
check and see if the veloster hubs would swap over or maybe from a kia forte or something. Veloster hub part numbers are the same as the accent I'm not sure I that means it will 100% work but if your willing to try it that would be your best bet

·
Registered
175 Posts
The old saying goes,
"Don't fix something that ain't broken"

There are plenty of other mods you could invest in rather than adding a 5th nut.

I am in no means trying to be rude, i am just making a suggestion that there are many different types of wheels out there. Having the restriction of only 4 lug nuts might actually be beneficial to you by help limiting your choices ;-)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah Thank you! When I have the money I'll give it a try!

·
22,788 Posts
There are plenty of other mods you could invest in rather than adding a 5th nut.
In this case, the 5th nut may be behind the wheel. {I'm messing with ya, "dogs."}

I can "sort of" understand the reasoning. I succumbed to a similar temptation in my youth. Bought a set of 5-lug adapters for a 6-lug '56 GMC pickup. I wanted to install Cragar S/S chrome wheels with 60 series Daytona's. And I did!

In hindsight, I would've been better off changing the rear end and front spindles/brakes etc., from a later model GM product. Oh well, live and learn, right fellas? The impetuousness of youth! And that's okay, too. Been there, done that. LOL

·
Registered
599 Posts
check and see if the veloster hubs would swap over or maybe from a kia forte or something. Veloster hub part numbers are the same as the accent I'm not sure I that means it will 100% work but if your willing to try it that would be your best bet
Veloster hub part numbers are the same as the ELANTRA, is what I believe you meant to type.

Already had to replace two of 'em, know this Empirically.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Could also try the Kia Rio for the hubs, it is essentially the same car underneath, uses the same chassis and engine with different body ontop, and that does have 5 studs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts