Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

I have a 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe 4cyl auto. I need to remove the motor and have found a few guides however they all involved dropping through the bottom while the car is on a lift. My car is in my driveway, and I have no access to a lift, but I've got a cherry picker. Is there a way to lift the car up with a cherry picker to drop the motor like a 3rd/4th gen Camaro? Clearance seems close given the height of a Santa Fe vs a Camaro

Alternatively is it possible to just pull it out from the top? Luckily it's the 4cyl (albeit auto), so this is probably the only time so far I've been happy to have the smaller engine variant of a car lmao

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm not sure if you have enough clearance to pull the engine and transmission out in one unit from the top, but you should be able to size that up. If your cherry picker has a leveler attached (like the one below), then I don't see why you couldn't go that route.

Worst case scenario you could remove the transmission out from the bottom, then pluck the engine from the top.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts