Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a dealer for the first time oil change since I bought this car. $48? Are you kidding? What's so special about our sonata? Was I ripped off or is it regular price at dealers? I don't normally go to a dealer but I will never go to a dealer for oil change again.

·
Registered
426 Posts
My dealers price is $24.95??????

·
Registered
548 Posts
QUOTE (andy.h @ Jun 3 2010, 09:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329190
I went to a dealer for the first time oil change since I bought this car. $48? Are you kidding? What's so special about our sonata? Was I ripped off or is it regular price at dealers? I don't normally go to a dealer but I will never go to a dealer for oil change again.
RIPOFF! My dealer does oil change and tire rotation for $29.95. Heck I can get the same price at my Firestone. They must be using some awesome oil for that price... like Mobil 1 full synthetic...

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (Proprioceptive @ Jun 3 2010, 11:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329202
RIPOFF! My dealer does oil change and tire rotation for $29.95. Heck I can get the same price at my Firestone. They must be using some awesome oil for that price... like Mobil 1 full synthetic...
:laughing: Jiffy Lube by me charges $80 for full synthetic oil change...

·
Registered
72 Posts
My dealer here charges $19.95 for oil, filter, labor and runs it through the car wash. (I will go the forgo the carwash, thank you)
Bringing my own Pennzoil Synthetic I am charged 13.90 for labor, filter, enviromental fee, and tax. So I am still in the $30 range total.

Chuck

·
Registered
548 Posts
QUOTE (w9nwrwi @ Jun 3 2010, 10:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329216
My dealer here charges $19.95 for oil, filter, labor and runs it through the car wash. (I will go the forgo the carwash, thank you)
Bringing my own Pennzoil Synthetic I am charged 13.90 for labor, filter, enviromental fee, and tax. So I am still in the $30 range total.

Chuck
That's not a bad deal... if only they threw in a tire rotation! I won't let my dealership touch my car at their carwash... the tools they use on the paint surface are horrific!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I guess I was ripped off. Is there anyone in Canada changed oil at dealer? How much did you pay?

·
Registered
133 Posts
$50 is pretty standard for synthetic, so thats not a bad deal if they put in Mobile1 or if their house oil is synthetic. If you got standard oil, you got ripped off.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Holy Crap... I have the 5 years free oil.. but I've heard around $50 is what it is for the Santa Fe 3.3L. I agree that if they put in synthetic it's in line... but dino oil?? You are in Toronto.. I'd call around some different dealers and ask what they are charging for BOTH dino and synthetic... if everyone else is cheaper I would personally go back to the dealer and raise bloody u know what!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Should have gone to Fairfax Hyundai. Free oil changes for life. :bwekk:

·
Registered
267 Posts
My dealer (Jones - Fallston,MD) gives free oil changes for life too. They use Quaker State synthetic blend and factory filters.

Don

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey Don, we bought our Santa Fe from Jones also. We live about 10 minutes from there. Why did you come down from Pa.? Was the deal that much better?

I bought my Kia Forte in York Pa. because no one in Maryland mentioned that there were rebates available.

·
Registered
548 Posts
QUOTE (OMEGA_WEAPON @ Jun 3 2010, 08:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329405
It costs you $48 to reach the oil filter? Anyways, you need to jack the car to get a good grip on the oil filter. If you want to be sloppy I guess you can try it without jacking up the car but to each their own.
Seriously?? :wallbash:

·
Registered
43 Posts
QUOTE (WuffPack99 @ Jun 3 2010, 06:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329357
Haven't tried this yet - so how hard is it to reach the filter without jacking up the car?
Oil filter not too bad...pan plug however is a different story, get an extender with your socket wrench and its close to the driver's side front wheel as for the filter if you lie on the ground close to your bumper reach in 3-4 inches from the front bumper towards the middle a large hole is there and the filter is right there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts