Hyundai Forums banner

141 - 143 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've kept track of 44 fill-ups, 14k miles and manually calculated consumption using a spreadsheet. Here's what I see.

The trip computer is always showing between 9-15% higher mpg than what I find calculating manually. On an almost entirely highway trip over 1600 miles total, trip computer showed 43.7 mpg compared to the manually calculated 40.1 mpg (average speed 70 m/h, manual transmission) making the discrepancy 9%. On mixed driving with average speeds of around 25 m/h, I would get 38 mpg from the trip computer and 33 mpg calculating manually with a 15% difference. It's clear that as he average speed increases, accuracy of the trip computer also increases.

I'm happy with the car, as the manually calculated fuel consumption figures are still within EPA estimates for the manual transmission (even over highway estimate of 36 mpg).

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've been getting great mileage over the last month or so. With the climate control on auto(74 to 76) I've been typically getting over 40MPG. I filled up today and had 42.3 MPG with around 20% city driving. With 527 miles driven.

Since early Spring I've been driving 100% in ECO mode. So I don't know if it's because I'm fully adjusted to how eco mode works with shifting and acceleration. Or something breaking in with the engine. Or a combination of things. But the fact that the AC is on most of the time and I'm getting over 40 mpg is some crazy good mileage.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got an '18 Elantra SE 6 weeks ago. Last 2 weeks have been watching my trip computer AND doing my own calculation of MPG since I didn't believe I could get 43-44 MPG. But that's what I'm getting. Is this commonplace? The dealer sticker lists 37 - 38 HWY, so I certainly didn't expect (and am not unhappy) to be getting 44!!! I do a 50 mile round trip commute each day and my '12 Accent only got 36. Who else is experiencing this?
2017 Elantra Limited, on a run mostly 4 lane state highways, speeds from 55-70 as conditions permitted. Recorded 47.7 mpg, although I have never calculated it manually. Lots of my driving is short trip around town, and normally I get over 26 mpg then...

141 - 143 of 143 Posts