Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanna give props to the 4 wheel drive Santa Fe. Before I had this 2005, I had a full sized 97 Bronco. We've got a very steep hill to get into our property and I had that Bronco stuck on the hill multiple times.

The Santa Fe takes the hill with no problems. There's snow covered ice on the hill right now and it's very very slick. I can't even walk up it right now without slipping and sliding. When I drove up tonight I could hear the TCS kicking in and the light was coming on but it just kept climbing. The Michelins are working great too. I'm very impressed!

At stop lights on snow covered streets and can leave the other traffic sitting there on take off. The only other vehicle I can compare it to was my old 71 bronco with posi rear.

Kevin

·
Registered
144 Posts
You are right, the Santa Fe is a beast in the snow. Took my daughters 03 3.5lx in deep snow for the 1st time and was impressed. Handled better than my 02 Jeep cherokee with 4wd engaged.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yes, the full time 4wd in these suv' s work beautifully. I was out in the snow today and it just goes through everything. Just make sure you keep up with the gear oil changes in the transfer case every 25k as recommended. I ran it for 50k one time and the gear oil came out with a milky color. Luckily the magnet indicated minimal normal wear. Last thing one needs is a blown case. Big $$$ to replace.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes, the full time 4wd in these suv' s work beautifully. I was out in the snow today and it just goes through everything. Just make sure you keep up with the gear oil changes in the transfer case every 25k as recommended. I ran it for 50k one time and the gear oil came out with a milky color. Luckily the magnet indicated minimal normal wear. Last thing one needs is a blown case. Big $$$ to replace.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Just looking into doing our Transfer case and rear axle. Looks like same for both
GL-5, SAE 80W/90. Going to use this Valvoline High-Performance 80W-90 Gear Oil VV831: Search no more for the best Gear Oil at Advance Auto Parts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts