Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from western Canada where summer does not take place anymore. I know this forum like others I belong to will be informative and entertaining, thus I look forward to hearing about the joys and tribulations of owning a Hyundai.

Here is my initial post: My 2001 Tiburon squeals at start up and even when parallel parking. Whoever thought I would have to still P park after passing my driver's test so many decades ago. I digress. The car literally whines in the morning after starting, whether it be a very cold Canadian winter morning or a balmy 15 degree summer afternoon?? Sadly, the car continues to squeal as I drive and even when turning. Topped up PS fluid and did not overfill. It seemed a bit low... I replaced the timing belt just over 6 months ago. What else do I look for? Is there a power steering issue/belt problem? Is it a tension problem? Is there a serpentine belt on the vehicle?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way, along with the Green Bay Packers, we have the best football fans, in North America. Rider Green Pride Forever!!

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
welcome to the forums :00000732:

l am moving your post over to the tiburon forum for a better response.

BTW check the tension of your drive belts, from what you say they may be slack which is causing the screeching

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Verify the alternator belt is good and tight... then verify the p/s belt is tight.

While you is in there, make sure the A/C belt properly tight too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts