Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, sooner than expected the 3rd row came in handy. At school friends call my phone "could you please pick my kids?..."
, "SURE!".
I have weathertech liner over the folder 2nd row. I had a few thing in the trunk. Just pulled the 3rd row up, the liner nicely remained attached to the back of the 2nd row and did not cover any of the rear view. I would define this liner as foldable for that. There was plenty of room for jackets, backpacks for 4 kids, behind the 3rd row.
One problem, I had child seats on the 2nd row so I could not fold the back of the seat forward. Even sliding the 2nd row all the way to the front, there was not enough room to get to the 3rd row form the side. That did not discourage the 7 (using a booster) and 11 year old kids to climb over their seats. I found out that lowering the center piece of the 2nd row made it easier but less fun for them :-D.
The kids in 3rd row made an observation right away: "why so low?" I guess that is the only issue I see. It looks like it was not a real problem for the kids themselves, they did enjoy it for the 30 minutes or so ride.

Off topic, did I mention that I still get a lot of compliments for the Santy? More appreciated the ones from BMW X5 drivers... ;-)

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Interesting, maybe the 6-seater makes more sense for someone who has baby/booster seats and might have to use the 3rd row. When I use the third row, my son's teenage friends don't even move the seat up...they just climb between the captain's chairs.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Luck, I cannot give up the 5 passenger configuration as that is the most frequent case for me, even with two car seats.
I also believe that the accessibility to the 3rd row is a false problem. If I had to haul two extra person, not able to have fun climbing over the 2nd row, I would probably move the two cars seats on one side leaving the folding seat free to fold forward.
Recently I found myself buying a long TV stand which would have not fit inside my 2007 SF. Folding the 2nd row center piece fixed the issue. Simple and effective. Again, I really appreciate the versatile design of Santa Fe.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have twin 11month old girls and an almost 3 year old boy. We seat all three in the second row of our 7 seater. It is in the shop for the oil pan recall and the dealer loaned me a sf sport. There is noticeably less space, not only in the rear, but also in between front and second row seats. I had to move front seats farther forward than I would like, in order for the rear facing car seats to fit in the sport.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have twin 11month old girls and an almost 3 year old boy. We seat all three in the second row of our 7 seater. It is in the shop for the oil pan recall and the dealer loaned me a sf sport. There is noticeably less space, not only in the rear, but also in between front and second row seats. I had to move front seats farther forward than I would like, in order for the rear facing car seats to fit in the sport.
I have 3 kids, oldest is almost five years old, and twins at 2 and a half. We have Veracruz, and we really like the car and versatility for our family, combined w/ AWD for Canadian winters. Anyways, I have found it easiest to have 2 seats in the second row, and one kid in the 3rd row. For details, and photos, see here: http://www.hyundai-forums.com/277-d...odels/149859-santa-fe-lwb-64.html#post1251584

·
Registered
29 Posts
I tried sitting back there; the only way to adjust the seat-back angle is the pull-cord on the back of the seat, so if the passenger doesn't like the angle, somebody has to adjust it from out back.

I do like that the second-row can slide further forward, giving more leg-room to the third-row passengers, but slide back and give limo-like legroom when the third-seats are empty.

I got to make use of the third-row for my two teenage daughters, with four adults in the first two rows. It was about as small a vehicle as could actually accommodate that many passengers that comfortably.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts