Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello..
Onboard computer shows, after driving at least 10 km,
an average consumption of 33.3 Mpg (7.1 l/100 km)
Is that possible?

I drove at 95 km/hr - "granny foot" or "light foot" on gas pedal

Is it able to switch to mpg or km/l?
Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
with the v6 I have I once got 30.1mpg on a 70ish mile run down the highway and back (Ikea trips are worth the drive.) So yes it is possible to get 33.3mpg or whatever the conversion is to lpkm comes out to be

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I nearly got 29 MPG out of my 2010 at 65 MPH on cruise control over rolling terrain and it was still going up when I got off the freeway to head back to the house.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Too early to tell what your mileage will be, and the average on the computer is not always reliable over short distances. I'd wait until you've got at least 1000 on the clock, then start monitoring actual fuel in vs. miles out.

I don't know what's been the case since the 2010 models, but the 2007~2009 years of the CM series had a tendency to show better mileage after the first 7500 miles or so.

·
Registered
539 Posts
my 2011 santa fe 3.5L V6 on a 3,000 mile trip mostly 75 mph all interstate driving averaged 28.5 avg mpg hard to beat that. I tried driving 63 mph for awhile and almost got 30 avg mpg so yes, 33 avg mpg for a 4 cylinder is do-able but not at 70 mph on up. I found driving the 2.4L 4 cylinder it lacked the power needed to move the heavier santa fe and preferred for only about 1500 bucks more to get the V6. I think the v6 vs 4 banger on paper was ONLY 1 more hwy mpg for the 4 cylinder so the V6 was the way to go has plenty of smooth power.

I think if you ONLY do 55-60 mph flat roads on the 2.4L can you achieve 33 avg mpg but that is darn good right up there with the best 4 cylinder's on the road today almost as good as the newly redesigned mazda cx-5 suv they have out now that the seats totally suck sitting in way too hard and way too skinny.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
33-34 is what I got on flat roads. So that is probably close to actual mileage. And yes is will do better once it gets some miles on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts