Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thats awesome. Mine hasn't even hit 100K yet. Should soon though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No major repairs just wear and tear items mostly. I DID have to replace an alternator (my fault...didn't cover it enough during a Simple Green soak and pressure wash). Other than that, tires (lots of tires), brakes, plugs, ATF & coolant purges, oil changes every 5K, and of course filters. Oh, and get this ORIGINAL shocks & struts make this thing still ride like the floaty "Korean Buick" I purchased on 07/07/07.

Sorry guys, I thought I had notifications of new posts turned on.

Cheers,
:beer:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Best car ever, my 2008 Azera Ltd 3.8l.....221,135 miles. I am not a real garage mechanic BUT do oil changes w/filter every 3-4k, flush radiator every 80-100k, flush brake/auto trans every 80-100k, filters often, as recommended. Mostly used regular oils/filters....high mileage after 120k. ONLY problem was front axle for $350. My nephew drove it for 4 years and 120k and did same maintenance EXCEPT sparkplugs didn't change until 203,432!!! We both thought they were done by other! It was driving good up to the last day when they were changed.

NO PROBLEMS with anything on this car. When I got it back from nephew at 203,000 I did the following: sparkplugs, all air filters, gas filter,
oil change w/filter 2800 mi., brakes, flush radiator, transmission w/filter, power steering, brake fluid and struts all around. I did all work at my Firestone where I have traded for 10 years; I use their coupons and get brakes done for $120 axle and flushes for about $80-$100 each plus a full inspection and measurements of tires/brakes for $9.95. I have lifetime balance/alignment with them so I have that checked 2-3 times a year.

This car rides/sounds like it did when I got it in 2010 w/18,000 miles. PERFECT. Best car I have ever had and I have had about 20 in 53 years of driving. As good as a Lexus and close to a BMW. i will probably give it to my Great nephew when he gets his license---very safe care for a 16 yr old.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi friends , I own an azera 2008, and I recently have electrical problems such as flickering headlights and dashboard lights. While driving at night, the headlights are completely dim for 2 seconds and then return to normal.The car's electric power fluctuates sharply and finds that there is a fault in the electrical system.
Sometimes, even for a few days, there is no problem.
When the problem was visible, I checked the battery and the alternator , and I realized that the alternator would not charge much and the voltmeter was 13.3 volt.I turned off the car and turned it on again and checked it again and the battery was recharged to normal and the voltmeter was 14.4.
Has anyone experienced the same problem? I appreciate your help in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Best car ever, my 2008 Azera Ltd 3.8l.....221,135 miles. I am not a real garage mechanic BUT do oil changes w/filter every 3-4k, flush radiator every 80-100k, flush brake/auto trans every 80-100k, filters often, as recommended. Mostly used regular oils/filters....high mileage after 120k. ONLY problem was front axle for $350. My nephew drove it for 4 years and 120k and did same maintenance EXCEPT sparkplugs didn't change until 203,432!!! We both thought they were done by other! It was driving good up to the last day when they were changed.

NO PROBLEMS with anything on this car. When I got it back from nephew at 203,000 I did the following: sparkplugs, all air filters, gas filter,
oil change w/filter 2800 mi., brakes, flush radiator, transmission w/filter, power steering, brake fluid and struts all around. I did all work at my Firestone where I have traded for 10 years; I use their coupons and get brakes done for $120 axle and flushes for about $80-$100 each plus a full inspection and measurements of tires/brakes for $9.95. I have lifetime balance/alignment with them so I have that checked 2-3 times a year.

This car rides/sounds like it did when I got it in 2010 w/18,000 miles. PERFECT. Best car I have ever had and I have had about 20 in 53 years of driving. As good as a Lexus and close to a BMW. i will probably give it to my Great nephew when he gets his license---very safe care for a 16 yr old.
Got to agree with you. Bought my 08 Limited at 9,980 miles in April 09.....now I have 210,796 on it. Agreed, nicest/best car I've ever owned driven. She's all original except for normal wear items like tires and brakes. Back 3 plugs are original, still gets great gas mileage and runs super.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Finally made it....well - a few months ago but did it! This is a 2006 Azera Limited, currently in dry dock for a starter replacement - but 'll post my question on that in another thread (starter solenoid connectror disintgegrated and need to get a replacement before I put the new starter back in)

Hysterical but my back 3 plugs are original as well!! I stopped the regular Hyundai servie at 100K and not sure if they ever replaced the plugs. Once I saw what was involved with the job I never attempted it. I may go after it soon though as I think the coil packs might be getting weak. No major repairs, had all factory recalls performed, love this car!! Smells like I am burning oil somewhere though so maybe another repair in my future!?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
If you're now smelling burning oil I'd check the areas where your rear main seal and your crank seal would leak and drip on the exhaust.
Also, it could be valve cover seals as well with that mileage.

Congrats on having such a durable car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts