Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question, I have a 07 Accent with 21,000 mi but I have owned it 2 1/2 yrs. well first the trans acted up today (auto) clunked from rev to drive then seemed to be slipping then ck eng light came on, all this happened out of the blue but they seemed to know of this issue and replaced a sensor. Then they say I need 30,000 mi service now b/c its over 2 yrs old ok, fine then they say drive belts are worn and need to be replaced, $160.00, first are drive belts same as old term for fan belts? and then is 21,000 mi a life span for these belts? I was a bit surprised by that plus the price was a bit shocking also. Anyone have any insight to this, I would appreciate hearing from anyone, Thanks

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Run, run, run far away...

Wait till 30 to do your 30 service..

Save the drive belts for 60 when you do the timing belt, then simply pay for the belts, install them in place of old belts when re-assemble... should be no labor, as belts off in the first place, gotta put somethng back on to finish job, be it old or new..

·
Super Moderator
3,818 Posts
These belts aren't very robust, but they should last a lot longer than 30k!  I agree,wait until 60k unless your belts are significantly damaged. 

I think my power steering belt had developed some glazing early on, so it would often slip or squeal and I had contemplated getting the belts done... But I never bothered with it until it was time for my timing belt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First thanks for the replies, I have one more ques. the warranty states 2 yrs or 30,000mi. for the service, I've owned it 2 1/2 yrs and have 21,000 would they void my warranty b/c of this if I don't have the 30,000 done now

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (Jerrym214 @ May 27 2010, 01:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326790
no but they said that i had to buy their air to fill the tires or they would go flat
christ almighty GET A NEW DEALERSHIP. For real man. Freaking air is air. It's free at HESS gas stations. Nitrogen is a little more temperature stable and resists leaking over the course of months, but it's NOT necessary. You are talking to the crappiest frivolous products artists ever. I don't care if your next nearest one is 80 miles away. All minor repairs can be done by a certified mechanic (hold onto the receipts). You can do oil changes yourself for VERY little money (with the money you save, you can buy better quality motor oil!). Only ever go to Hyundai for absolutely necessary repairs (in this case, FIND A DIFFERENT DEALER).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts