Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since picking up my new i20 1.2 petrol on the 2nd of June, I have been pestering my dealer, Telfords of Carlisle for a service plan.
Finally today after me badgering them they gave me a price, you would think they would be badgering me for the business.
Anyway year one £178.02 year two £374.19 and year three £178.02 total £730.23.
I managed to get them down to £672.47 this is based on a direct debit over 30 months 1 payment of £22.58 and 29 payments of £22.41
I have been paying £16.66 per month for my wifes 1.1L Amica, which equates to £150 £300 £150
This is apparently a Hyundai quoted figure, paperwork is in the post.
S.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That sounds like quite a lot of money to me.
Personally I was never offered a 3 year plan.
I suppose these garages have to make a living
same as the rest of us!

Lester..

·
Registered
11 Posts
QUOTE (eye20 @ Jul 5 2010, 05:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339050
Since picking up my new i20 1.2 petrol on the 2nd of June, I have been pestering my dealer, Telfords of Carlisle for a service plan.
Finally today after me badgering them they gave me a price, you would think they would be badgering me for the business.
I managed to get them down to £672.47 this is based on a direct debit over 30 months 1 payment of £22.58 and 29 payments of £22.41
I have been paying £16.66 per month for my wifes 1.1L Amica, which equates to £150 £300 £150
S.
Ste
Don't take to Hyundai Dealer will get rip off
1st service only oil & filter change Any Garage with VAT Number will do so long has they stamp the book
Warranty ok that where my going to go. Happy Fishing. Gerry

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I asked the service manager about that G, he said a lot of other things were done as well as oil and filter, at the first service.
I don't know who to beleive these days.
We have had my wifes Amica done with them over tha past three years, and it seems an easy way of doing it on DD no big bill to come.
Saying that, her last service they didn't tighten the oil filter up properly, and it dripped oil all over the drive for three weeks.!!
Trouble was it was November, when we had snow and ice on the drive for six weeks, so never noticed it.
They said sorry. :whistling: :whistling:
I was on the Sandford beat today for a few hours, just the one wildie, but a load last week.
Get yourself up.
S.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to put things into perspective, my neighbour took his E class Merc in for a minor service today, ended up at £623.50 :whistling:
Now I remember why I stopped buying Mercedes. :grin:
S.

·
Registered
149 Posts
QUOTE (eye20 @ Jul 5 2010, 06:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339050
S.
On Monday I paid £156.01 for the first service, and yes they do a lot more than just change the oil and filter.

·
Registered
149 Posts
QUOTE (eye20 @ Jul 10 2010, 10:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340512
What else did they do sierra. ?
S.
Used good oil, Magnatec, flushed the engine before putting the new oil in, gave me a new 1lt bottle of Magnatec, flushed the fuel system, checked the coolant was strong enough, lubed all the door locks and hinges, checked and adjusted all the tyres and pressures and inspected just about everything else.

Not a bad deal really, I dont know how much the next service will be because the plugs, climate filter and brake fluid will need replacing, might have to shop around for that one.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (sierra @ Jul 10 2010, 11:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340552
Used good oil, Magnatec, flushed the engine before putting the new oil in, gave me a new 1lt bottle of Magnatec, flushed the fuel system, checked the coolant was strong enough, lubed all the door locks and hinges, checked and adjusted all the tyres and pressures and inspected just about everything else.

Not a bad deal really, I dont know how much the next service will be because the plugs, climate filter and brake fluid will need replacing, might have to shop around for that one.
It is supposed to be approx double the cost of the first service.
S.

·
Registered
11 Posts
QUOTE (eye20 @ Jul 6 2010, 04:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339329
I asked the service manager about that G, he said a lot of other things were done as well as oil and filter, at the first service.
I don't know who to beleive these days.
We have had my wifes Amica done with them over tha past three years, and it seems an easy way of doing it on DD no big bill to come.
Saying that, her last service they didn't tighten the oil filter up properly, and it dripped oil all over the drive for three weeks.!!
Trouble was it was November, when we had snow and ice on the drive for six weeks, so never noticed it.
They said sorry. :whistling: :whistling:
I was on the Sandford beat today for a few hours, just the one wildie, but a load last week.
Get yourself up.
S.
Just had my quote for first service £70 to £80 no more :grin:
Season getting nearer :clap: :beer:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Haven't had my first service yet but will be shopping around for a reasonable price.
My theory is that because cars are so reliable now, this is the only way dealers can
make money as breakdown repairs are so few.
Servicing is expensive but short of doing it yourself there isn't much we can do about it.

Lester..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just been quoted for services as follows :

10k & 35k services at @ £146.99 each

22.5k & 47.5k services at £313.44 each

60k service at £217.97

If I cover that mileage in the three years (as I expect to) their 3 year service plan cost would be £36.43 per month.

Seems fair to me. I never, ever got any change out of £500 when my Mercedes went in for anything.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts