Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
98 Accent (which you probably know by now) - there is a 3 terminal female test connector that is plugged into a plastic housing on top of the driver side strut mounting under the hood. It looks like a test connector. I was reading in my Haynes manual that some of these cars had a test connector for providing power directly to the fuel pump. Does anyone know what this test connector is for, how to jumper the various terminal and what they would provide power to?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what is stamped on the plastic housing it is plugged into: BOSCH Made in Germany. The numbers on it are pretty faded but this are close to this 0 278 101021 078. So is it really a sensor or is it some sort of test connector? It isn't plugged into anything other than what appears to be a plastic cap. Are the 3 terminals meant to be bridged in some combination for some sort of diagnostic purposes?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually in looking at it a little closer the male end does have metal prongs so it is a sensor. Is this something that is used to trigger the air bag?

·
Registered
12,635 Posts
If your talking about the sensor in the image above, that is used to cancel the engine PCM's misfire detection when your driving on a rough road surface. I think the Bosch number is 0 273 101 021.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts