Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought a 2000 Hyundai sonata.
1. The rear end of the car has started fishtailing over small bumps or small pot holes it also makes a clunking sound when going over small bumps or potholes or even speed bumps I'm not sure what the issue is. The fishtailing is very scary.

2. Also when I turn the car on I hear a sound like something is blowing air, like wind blowing air sound.

3. The car was broken into when the previous owner had it before I bought it someone just stole the stereo and when they did they cut the manufacturer wires from stereo instead of just unplugging the manufacturer harness from the aftermarket harness then after they cut the harness they unplugged the manufacturer harness an left it there. So now I have a manufacturer harness that I'm trying to reconnect the wires back together they but I need to know what colors are for what? I tested the wires and found out witch ones are the 12v switch and the 12v constant but need help with the rest of the wires please.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Hi, I just bought a 2000 Hyundai sonata.
1. The rear end of the car has started fishtailing over small bumps or small pot holes it also makes a clunking sound when going over small bumps or potholes or even speed bumps I'm not sure what the issue is. The fishtailing is very scary.

2. Also when I turn the car on I hear a sound like something is blowing air, like wind blowing air sound.

3. The car was broken into when the previous owner had it before I bought it someone just stole the stereo and when they did they cut the manufacturer wires from stereo instead of just unplugging the manufacturer harness from the aftermarket harness then after they cut the harness they unplugged the manufacturer harness an left it there. So now I have a manufacturer harness that I'm trying to reconnect the wires back together they but I need to know what colors are for what? I tested the wires and found out witch ones are the 12v switch and the 12v constant but need help with the rest of the wires please.
Audio Schematic Diagrams attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re "clunk" and "fish tailing", you should inspect your suspension - ball joints and struts, upper and lower control arm bushings too. However, I would suspect the clunk is coming from worn stabilizer bar bushings. Regarding the fish tailing, there is a good chance it is coming from the rear suspension components. Jack up each wheel and check for movement side to side (tie rod check on front wheels) before removing the tire and top and bottom for ball joint slop. Remove wheel for additional access and with a pry bar, pry at each location. Any movement at ball joint (and tie rod since you are there) or bushing locations warrants replacement. Chances are if one component on one side has slop you might as well replace the identical component on other side (my personal opinion only).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts