Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Last night I was checking vacuum on my 06 Santa Fe, Limited looking for a leak/miss at idle. Solid vacuum at 26. I found the (green)line was cracked and old so I replaced the tubing(green on throttle body) to the T in the EGR solenoid line supply. Once I re attached the new line, the engine would not idle smooth and stumbled and I noticed the EGR was fully engaged at idle. I knew this wasn't good and re checked my routing to the diagram on the hood. It was correct.

I checked the old line and noticed inside was a tiny check valve inside the vacuum line. My guess is it restricts vacuum to the EGR at idle. Mine was leaking vacuum past it and I am assuming opening the EGR ever so slightly causing my rough idle. Not terrible but not smooth either. What I don't understand is the check valve's purpose. In order to get the car to run again I just switched the yellow and the green tubing at the throttle body so the EGR would stay closed at idle. Smooth as silk idle now. The solenoid still has vacuum albeit now it seems to be on the wrong side of the solenoid.

The yellow nipple on the throttle body has no vacuum at idle on the throttle body. Should it? If not, when would it get vacuum to supply the EGR solenoid with vacuum. The routing just seems wrong on this EGR system. Car drove great for a 60 mile commute this morning with no knock or detonation. Thanks for any help. I'll be getting another generic check valve today to route per the diagram but would still like to understand how this works. Thanks.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On another note. Is the EGR solenoid open at idle? Mine is closed and even with the restriction in the supply line the EGR valve opens causing the engine to run rough. It seems it should vent vacuum back to the throttle body during idle and closing when the ecm commands it to activate forcing vacuum to the eye valve.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
EGR must be closed at idle. You may have a hose connected to the wrong port. The solenoid should be venting the valve hose to the atmosphere at idle them modulating it under cruise conditions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts