Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the second time in 2 weeks the drivers door would not close properly. Nothing got hung on the latch either time. Both times the drivers door was opened from the inside and then closed from the outside when the door would not latch. I had to pull the inside handle both times to reset the latch so the door would close properly. Weather is not the problem. It's 80 degrees outside. I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this on their 2013 Genesis Coupe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My daughter bought her 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0 in June and has had the same problem since day one. Dealership can't fix it because it can't be replicated at Dealership.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We get a new LH door latch (I assume) on Wednesday. I will update this thread after the repair to give a part number and to state the actual repair. In the past 2 weeks it will not close 50% of the time when opened from the inside first.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got a new Actuator assembly as it seems to be called (the piece in the door). Only time will tell if it happens again. It took 2 trips to the dealership. When they ordered the "latch" the part that came in was the striker (that's what I call it). The parts book calls the piece on the body a latch for some reason. Almost bought an Azera to replace my Sonata while I was there. Almost.

BTW: Part # 81315-2M000 Actuator

1 - 4 of 4 Posts