Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have the captains chair on 2nd row. When i am driving i see the headrests vibrate/move severely when i look at it on rear view mirror. Anyone have this problem? Any way to fix it?

·
Registered
2015 Santa Fe xl, 6seater
66 Posts
So, do you feel a vibration, in the seat of your chair as well??? Probably balance of the rear tires.

·
Registered
2015 Santa Fe xl, 6seater
66 Posts
I would have the tires checked for balance.. When my seats where doing that, the rear balance was out. but other then that. just normal movement for road conditions??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Almost certainly tire balance...or a bad tire, or a bent rim (less likely). Check for obvious damage and look over the tread for any bead warping. Winter tires are notoriously bad for maintaining balance as they wear. I have a slight shake on the right side rear headrest at highway speed and notice there is a wheel weight missing on the right rear. Will report back after I get it re-balanced.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I noticed ours doing on on day 1 driving home from the dealership. Given that the dealership was several hundred miles from my house, I didn’t turn around to have them look at it.

Tires have been balanced, new wheels and tires installed, seats still shake. In my case it is not a tire balance problem. Again, I have not looked into it but I suspect it is a design flaw and the seat backs shake at the hinge point. Looking into it is quite low on the priority list but I will eventually find that round tuit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts