Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
new b question but this is my 1st post and 1st Hyundai I just bought used, got a good deal and I do like the car but it has some minor issues I'll be posting about as I work thru them.

I need to change the tranny fluid and oil,,, can you folks tell me what type of fluid I need and how much for a fluid/filter change and should I use 10/30 wt motor oil?

also, my car has a P0422 code that just came up luckily right after it got its inspection sticker,,,, the used car dealer said they changed the cat recently and think the code because the cat is dirty from the car sitting, he told me when it gets down to 1/4 of a tank of gas get some stuff at the parts store called Cat-clean (ad to gas to clean cats) then run it to almost empty and see if that takes the light out.

my car is a 2K1 Elantra, 4sp automatic and the tranny pan looks like its sideways in front of the tranny. I would like to do the filter also but where its side ways I'm not sure if I can even get at it but any tips on that please let me know.

thanks for any info, T

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I wouldn't go dumping some magical cleaning fluid in just yet. That code could be from a bad oxygen sensor among other things. Not sure about your other questions. You will probably get a better response in the Elantra section of the forum.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts