Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you know if Pioneer FH-P8000BT Double-Din In-Dash CD/MP3/WMA/AAC Receiver can be installed in Hyndai i10?
The dimensions are:

Dimensions (W × H × D):
Chassis ..................... 178 mm × 100 mm × 160mm
(7 in.× 3-7/8 in.× 6-1/4 in.)
Nose ........................... 170 mm × 94 mm × 8 mm
(6-3/4 in.× 3-3/4 in.× 3/8 in.

If yes,
--Do I need to buy 2 din face plate attachment?
--Where in The Netherlands can I find this?

Meryl

·
Registered
1 Posts
Meryl,

I have a similar system installed in my i10 Pioner 6050UB (same as P8000BT but without the bluetooth module) and it fits in nicely. However due to the curved dashboard, we will have any one of the following scenario's depending on installation.

1. The top edges protrude slightly (5-6 mm)

OR

2. The player sits in a bit too deep in the 2-DIN cavity

As far as your Questions are concerned,

Q1. The Music player comes with a 2 din sized plastic part.

Q2. I am from India and hence cannot answer the question. :)

Hope this helps
kaysquare

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi All,
Thank you for your help. SO, If I purchase the HYUNDAI i10 Double Din Car Fascia Fitting Kit CT23HY07 advertised in the link above, is it safe to assume that it will take care of the "curve" dashboard problem and there will be no problem with protrusion or system being embedded?

Thx guys for all your help!
Meryl

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have one of those kits.

The build quality is *crap*, very soft plastic, avoid touching it if it's at all warm as it will warp and scratch easily. It will solve the curved problem though, and it's the only option on the market.

You'll also need an aerial adaptor, I got mine off eBay, it's a unique part I couldn't get in Halfords. I *think* it's the same part as the i30 adaptor, but don't quote me on that.

Whilst the wiring behind the stereo is 'standard' DIN type, I found I still needed an adaptor as I found the new pioneer unit I installed (Avic F900BT, btw) kept loosing stations every time I turned off the engine. I had the *exact same* problem in my Aygo when I had a different stereo fitted, so I don't think it's the fault of the i10, per say, but I did still have the old cable laying around, so used that.

The existing stereo is a **** to remove. I gave up and got my dealer to remove it for me. Keep everything just sitting in place whilst you test, only replace the final hyundai part when you are 100% with your setup. Putting it back together is pretty easy.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Ribs @ Jun 10 2010, 02:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331719
I have one of those kits.

The build quality is *crap*, very soft plastic, avoid touching it if it's at all warm as it will warp and scratch easily. It will solve the curved problem though, and it's the only option on the market.

You'll also need an aerial adaptor, I got mine off eBay, it's a unique part I couldn't get in Halfords. I *think* it's the same part as the i30 adaptor, but don't quote me on that.

Whilst the wiring behind the stereo is 'standard' DIN type, I found I still needed an adaptor as I found the new pioneer unit I installed (Avic F900BT, btw) kept loosing stations every time I turned off the engine. I had the *exact same* problem in my Aygo when I had a different stereo fitted, so I don't think it's the fault of the i10, per say, but I did still have the old cable laying around, so used that.

The existing stereo is a **** to remove. I gave up and got my dealer to remove it for me. Keep everything just sitting in place whilst you test, only replace the final hyundai part when you are 100% with your setup. Putting it back together is pretty easy.

Good luck!
Hi there,
Thank you for the response. I appreciate it. Do you care for sharing a picture of the dash? I would love to see how it looks. Also do you happen to know what the aerial adapter is called? Are you happy with the way it installed?

Meryl

·
Registered
47 Posts
Pictures are attached. The second one is a close-up of the damage done when I was simply changing the volume on a hot day, when the sun had been on the crap plastic for a while. It can't be fixed, as any attempt to push the plastic back into shape simply makes it worse. That stuff is cheap, soft, and nasty.

The aerial adaptor? I don't remember the part name. It's probably still on eBay. Search and you'll probably find, it didn't take me too long...

[attachment=18900:2010_06_...20.39.59.jpg]

[attachment=18901:2010_06_...20.40.11.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Ribs @ Jun 18 2010, 03:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334247
Pictures are attached. The second one is a close-up of the damage done when I was simply changing the volume on a hot day, when the sun had been on the crap plastic for a while. It can't be fixed, as any attempt to push the plastic back into shape simply makes it worse. That stuff is cheap, soft, and nasty.

The aerial adaptor? I don't remember the part name. It's probably still on eBay. Search and you'll probably find, it didn't take me too long...

[attachment=18900:2010_06_...20.39.59.jpg]

[attachment=18901:2010_06_...20.40.11.jpg]
Thx for posting the pictures!!
The quality is horrible if it gets scratched like that!! Hmm Now I am in 2 minds whether to get it.
M.

·
Registered
65 Posts
QUOTE (gurung456 @ Jun 21 2010, 11:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334843
Thx for posting the pictures!!
The quality is horrible if it gets scratched like that!! Hmm Now I am in 2 minds whether to get it.
M.
Very intereresting! I´m interested in doing the same thing (replacing HU). Considering your experience of the poor quality, maybee it would be a good idea to spraypaint the material before installing it to make it stronger?

When I replaced speakers in my i10 I painted the small plastic triangels on the doors (fitted tweeters there) with a matt black paint designed to paint engine parts (cheap paint). If you would paint some layers of that type of paint and top of with a strong lacquer you might avoid scratch damage? Or just go crazy and choose a totally different color to spice up your car :w00t: ...

Best regards, Lars

1 - 10 of 10 Posts