Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
yup. bulky and heavy. no center jack point, gotta use the pinch welds. one person posted that he jacks up one side, then removes the cover. seems to me that if one side goes up, not all the oil drains. i take it to an independent 1 mile down the street, costs 54 bucks for synthetic. i figger oil and filter, about 30 bucks. then, nitrile gloves, wipes, cleaner, oil disposal, etc. so i can save about 20 bucks, or take a nap. as you get older, service trumps price every time

·
Registered
176 Posts
I don't think the car is tipped enough when I jack it by the front left jacking point to prevent the oil from draining. I don't find the splash guard that heavy. When putting it back up, start with the center bolt. I just like changing my own oil because I get to look everything else over and although changing the oil is pretty straight forward, if you are not paying attention you can screw things up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How many bolts hold the cover on? When I purchased this car the dealer included in free oil changes for life. About 10 days after the recent oil change the front of this under cover came loose and was dragging the ground. now its damaged and needs to be replaced. I think this is the dealers fault. this is the reason for my questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts