Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SF should arrive next week, and seeing as it's -25 here it's time to start shopping for some winter rubber. I'm a proponent of winter tires, but this time around I'm investigating the use of "all-weather" tires, namely Nokian WRG and GY Fortera Triple Tread, specifically in 255/55/18. My brother-in-law is using the GY's on a Mitsu Outlander with good results, but I am concerned with the 255s floating and not cutting. Does anyone have experience with running this width in the winter? Alternatively I will order 235/65/17 Blizzaks DM-V1 from TR ($1200 incl rims/shipping/GST) and use the OEM POS tires for the summer. Thanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
QUOTE (Jaws1 @ Nov 23 2010, 01:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374032
My SF should arrive next week, and seeing as it's -25 here it's time to start shopping for some winter rubber. I'm a proponent of winter tires, but this time around I'm investigating the use of "all-weather" tires, namely Nokian WRG and GY Fortera Triple Tread, specifically in 255/55/18. My brother-in-law is using the GY's on a Mitsu Outlander with good results, but I am concerned with the 255s floating and not cutting. Does anyone have experience with running this width in the winter? Alternatively I will order 235/65/17 Blizzaks DM-V1 from TR ($1200 incl rims/shipping/GST) and use the OEM POS tires for the summer. Thanks.
I'm running the 255's on my 18" rims and have no issues. The car feels more planted with the Tipple treads on and looks right for the rim. I posted a picture here on the forum somewhere last year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts