Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just a simple question. I have a Santa Fe 2010 with 235/60/18 set of Kumho's. The front tires are completely worn out (43k done) and need to be replaced as my steering started wobbling heavily.

I just want to know if replacing to 255/55/18 is possible without needing to change the wheel? Also does the wider tire hit the inside when turning?

Reason is there are lot more options for 255/55/18 instead of the stock 235/60/18.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
No problem fitting the 255/55-18 at all. In fact, it opens up some additional manufacturers and tire models that would otherwise be missed, especially some with a bit tougher construction (e.g., General HTS Grabber).

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
You're in India. That's about the same as being 'from the U.S.' and asking that same kind of question. We have hugely divergent climates and terrain here, too, and one needs to consider such things when purchasing tires. All city driving vs. driving in mountains where the roads are no more than goat tracks? Huge difference.

Without knowing where in India, we don't even know what KIND of tires would be appropriate. You also get a lot of different brands and models of tires there than we do elsewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts