Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Sonata 2.0T.

Gawd,my decision to replace all the exterior lights with LEDs has been frustrating! Does anyone know of any vendor that has 2357 bulbs for eh front turn signal that DO NOT require installation of load resistors?

It is really frustrating to hear websites claim their bulbs are "plug and play", "installs without modification, CANBUS compatible, etc. and have little or no mention of requiring load resistors.

I am just looking for a pair of bulbs that have built in resistors so hat I can just truly pop out the stock and plug in the LED. I'm sure installing a load twist or is not that difficult for most experienced tuners, but I am otherwise a stock driver who found it to be a mild pain just getting to the bulb itself, as you cannot see inside the wheel well access panel. How am I going to splice wires into a resistor without taking off the lighting housing?

Just want truly plug and forget 2357 ambers or switchbacks for the front turn signals. Can anybody help and point me to some on the internet?

Thanks.

·
Registered
699 Posts
No, I don't believe there are any with resistors built in the bulb. One reason is the size of the resistor. Its not that hard to accomplish with the resistors by wiring them into the cable that plugs into the headlight. You can always take it to a pro for the install. I don't see any other way of getting the switchbacks to work.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
2011 Sonata 2.0T.

How am I going to splice wires into a resistor without taking off the lighting housing?

Thanks.
You need only open the hood to access the turn signal wire-- I found that Installing the resistor was easier than getting the bulbs out/in. There is NO wiring in the wheel well.

·
Registered
699 Posts
agentahn - I'm posting a link to the tread that deals with connecting the front turn signals for led's or switchback led's. No difference in the hookup. This is an extended tread of posts that has photos and information of where and how to connect the resistors. As Rick-F noted there is no wiring inside the fender shell or at the bulb. Its all external in the wiring harness to the headlights. See the many posts in this tread for information. You can mount the resistors up in an open area where the heat they put out will not damage anything.
Just click on the link. If this looks like too much for you I suggest getting help from a bud or a pro.

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/222-y...eed-help-where-front-turn-signal-harness.html

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Good post Bob4484 linked to... I's just add that you do not need to tap into the negative wire; I took the other lead on the resistor directly to ground (used the ground point I used for my HID ballasts, because it was very close).

I was serious that the resister is easier to install than the bulbs! Agentahn, if you really want switchbacks, don't let the resistor deter you-- it is easy-- and lots of you-tube videos. All I can say is buy good, high-quality bulbs. I can't give you a specific recommendation on what to buy-- but I know some you should NOT buy. Like these with the "Samsung" LEDs (the bulbs are NOT Samsungs. The are the brightest, nicest bulbs I've seen-- but they only last a couple of weeks!! (Jim from Fla knows.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts