Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took car in for rear control arm recall. While car was there and was going to be aligned after the arm install I decided to have them put the new Continental ExtremeContact tires I had bought. I am pretty sure I have read on here many have gone to 235-45-18 over the stock 225-45-18 which is what I did. The service advisor called me to tell me he was mistaken and does not have the arms for the SE in stock. While on the phone he was expressing extreme concern that the bigger size tire I bought would not work on the SE Sonata.

Can someone that has run this size tire please confirm for me that they will be OK?

·
Registered
477 Posts
245/45/18 on the stock 7.5 in rim for 32,000 miles now it will work fine..... he just reading off a check list he really doesn't know....

·
Registered
330 Posts
Looking at the ruler on my desk, 225mm - 235mm = 10mm or about 3/8 inch wider and 9mm taller tire is not going the radically make a difference. Unless you know the stealership's SA, take a lot of non standard size and non OEM brand stuff with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, that's what I thought, but wanted to verify.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts