Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried this? I want to go to wider rubber as it's almost time to buy tires and Continental has a $70 gift card on a set of 4 deal so getting the new Extreme Contact Sport Ultra High Performance summer rubber (am in Vegas where it never gets cold). They will physically fit on the rim but wanted to know if any rubbing on inner fender in front? Anyone? TIA!

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Miata guys use 225/50's on their 16X6.5 inch factory rims and have zero issues. Their cornering limits are FAR above what a stock Elantra can do. Pretty sure I'm not endangering myself.

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will. Thank you for the info and can't wait to get summer rubber on this thing. No matter what car you have, the only thing touching the pavement are those 4 contact patches. Oh and since I live in desert not much rain or mud around here. Just dust. . . lot's and lot's of dust.

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update! I got my Continental Extreme Contact summer tires mounted on the stock 16's today. 225/50R16. They look great and obviously substantially increased grip both from the compound/tread and from the increased width. Will take pics and expand on my opinions after I get some sleep. Been working all night and running errands all morning. BTW, have tested and so far no rubbing that I can discern. So far elated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.