Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I will get new rims on Trinity :D ... Im going for 18's this tire size is the correct? Or can I have 45 sidewall?

·
Registered
168 Posts
40 if you plan on lowering at all. 45's will also make your speedometer a tad off mark, but not noticeably.

·
Registered
279 Posts
225/45/18 will not rub with coilover, you just adjust the coil a tad higher.

·
Registered
389 Posts
You sure Petie? On what brand coilovers though? I was gonna do ARK lowering springs but after talking to SaurianFire this morning, he does have a valid point that going with ARK + struts + KYB rears will have pretty much the same cost range.

"Front struts $240
ARK springs 280
KYB rear 120

Total $640

Megan Racing EZ Series coil overs about $700.
Megan Racing 2011 Elantra EZ Street Coilovers Adjustable Shocks Struts Coilover | eBay

Camber bolts from Rock auto about $15."

I wonder how rough the ride is with Megan Coilovers though. Anyone know?

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
I wonder how rough the ride is with Megan Coilovers though. Anyone know?
I find they give a better ride than the stock springs with KYB rear shocks and 18mm rear sway bar.

The newer coil overs are not that stiff or bouncy with the correct damper adjustment. I know the older coil overs had this problem and some took a chance again and are happy they did.
Pay attention to the different spring rates. Coil overs have the most versatility with height and damper rate and springs are available to suit your taste. Though springs may be extra cost. You also don't have to worry if the lowering springs are going to reduce the life of your stock struts.

Note the Megan Racing coil overs have a minimum 1.250" drop in the rear. In most cases this is not a problem but this is the nature of the beast if you want to go up for winter.

The 225x45X18 tire is the least expensive way to get a nice lowered look but not with lowering suspension components. Once you go with lowering springs or coil overs go with the correct size tire to minimize problems. If you want to slam the car go with a positive 45mm or higher offset. If you do with 18 inch wheels try to find the lightest wheels you can it will minimize any reduction in MPG, acceleration and braking if you have any of those concerns. My wheels and tires weigh less than the stock 16's that came with car.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks, mate!
Hey whats up same-country-friend :D

225/40/R18 is my tire size, and it fells nice here in Panama.

Now, you want to be extremely careful with all the bumps and road holes we have here because trust me, you will end up with steering rack issues.

Im taking mine in to the dealer (Petroautos) on Dec 16th and see if they can fix it or what.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey whats up same-country-friend :D

225/40/R18 is my tire size, and it fells nice here in Panama.

Now, you want to be extremely careful with all the bumps and road holes we have here because trust me, you will end up with steering rack issues.

Im taking mine in to the dealer (Petroautos) on Dec 16th and see if they can fix it or what.
Hello, well I wont lower mine because you know streets here are terrible hehe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts