Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new tires on yesterday, and it doesn't rub anymore at all. If you are going to put 20's on your car, definately go with a 225/35. the 245/35's were just tooo wide.

·
Registered
79 Posts
QUOTE (rcweimer @ Jun 18 2010, 06:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334288
Got my new tires on yesterday, and it doesn't rub anymore at all. If you are going to put 20's on your car, definately go with a 225/35. the 245/35's were just tooo wide.
225/35 20 is the correct size.
245/35/20 throws off the speedometer also, so there's no reason anybody should choose that size.
The tire shop gave you the wrong tires at the first place ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (EL'ation @ Jun 18 2010, 06:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334299
225/35 20 is the correct size.
245/35/20 throws off the speedometer also, so there's no reason anybody should choose that size.
The tire shop gave you the wrong tires at the first place ;)
yeah, the dealer put them on there, that's how i bought it. They had to put the smaller ones on for nothing obviously and they threw in a free set of wheel locks that weren't on there originally. it's an 8.5" wheel so the tires are stretched just a bit, but looks good and i'm happy with it now

·
Registered
75 Posts
QUOTE (rcweimer @ Jun 18 2010, 11:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334348
yeah, the dealer put them on there, that's how i bought it. They had to put the smaller ones on for nothing obviously and they threw in a free set of wheel locks that weren't on there originally. it's an 8.5" wheel so the tires are stretched just a bit, but looks good and i'm happy with it now
Looking good...can you please post how big a hit MPG wise you suffer with the added weight and increased rolling resistance. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the picture with the old tires, my wife took my camera to the lake with her. I will post one with the new tires when she gets home. I don't know if my MPG took a hit, i never had stock wheels on it. i get 24-26 but i don't go on the highway at all, that's all 45mph and stop light driving. According to hyundai the car should weigh 3191, it weighs 3280 now (my brother's work has a scale) so i'm guessing i have about 90lbs extra in the wheels

1 - 5 of 5 Posts