Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What trim is your Santa Fe and what was the OTD price you paid for it?

Are you happy with it?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
2017 SE with the first upgrade package. Since I work at a Dealer a price comparison would not really be valid. Actually, I work at our Chevrolet sister store and I drive a Santa Fe. I think that says it all......

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Recently bought a 2017 Sport used with 11,000 miles on it. Bought it through a Chevy dealer and got it for about $10K less than the original owner paid for it.

It is the base car with a 2.4 engine front wheel drive. Getting 28 mpg. When I first got it the car it needed lots of correction going down the road. I had a very good shop do an alignment on it and now it drives great. I find the cloth seats to be very comfortable. I love the bluetooth which I use a lot due to my job.

I originally had a 2007 SantaFe with 150K on it. Very happy with Hyundai reliability.

No regrets. Great value.

·
Registered
187 Posts
wallyjay:

I have a 2007 3.3L Limited AWD with 171,500 mi. on it that is averaging 20.5 mpg. That is the same mpg as when new.

Your 28 mpg sounds very attractive. Do you feel the 2.4L has sufficient power for the Santa Fe sport?

Also, please let me know what engine you had in your 2007.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
My 07 had the 3.3 engine. I also averaged 20.5 mpg with it. Today I refilled and manually calculated 28.6 mpg.

The power with the 2.4 is adequate. Not quite what the 3.3 put out. I don't notice the 4 cyl until I have a long steep hill to go up. It does ok but has to be wound up a little more than the 6 cyl going up steep hills. The 6 speed transmission really helps compensate for the smaller engine. I usually drive by myself with a light load. I don't know how it would do with four people and the cargo area loaded.

Whenever I think I would like a V-6 I just look at my gas mileage and I am very happy. And bear in mind that I do not have AWD which would get a little less gas mileage.

If you are serious about the car, I recommend renting one for a weekend and drive it the way you normally would. That way you will know exactly how it feels. At any rate, I recommend the car and I am a bit of a picky person with an automotive background.

·
Registered
187 Posts
wallyjay:

Thanks for the very helpful information.

I also have a 2010 Kia Soul 2.0L 2,827lbs./142hp. = 19.9 hp./lb. It seems very peppy and quite acceptable.

The 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.3L AWD 3,793lbs./242 hp. = 15.7hp./lb. so that's why I was asking the question.

However the 2017 Santa Fe spot AWD 3794lbs./185 hp. = 20.5hp./lb. so not that different from the Kia Soul, which is fine.

I will take your advice and rent for the weekend for an extended test drive.

Thanks very much again.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I meant to say 19.9lb./hp., 15.7lb/hp., and 20.5lb./hp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
I have a quick question to all the santa fe sports owners who has inbuilt GPS, I am using 2018 2.0T Ultimate santa fe sport, earlier car GPS use to speak direction while I am on call through Bluetooth connected, however now GPS do not speak direction if I am on call through Bluetooth. Has anyone faced the similar problem or can confirm if it is the same behavior in their car as well?

Thanks
sam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts