Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (bankerboy32 @ May 25 2010, 10:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326383
So I just bought a black '11 Sonata and cant decide whether to go with 18's or 20's... Can I get some help?!?!?!? What should I do and why?????? Thanks for the input!

Take this into consideration, the ride quality wont be a huge difference going from 18's to 20's. But your wallet will thank you later down the road. Tires for 20's are a few hundred more than 18's and wear out much faster and protect less against nails, potholes, and other road hazards. Sure the 20's will look better but you will need to keep at least 1 spare 20" inch tire for the future if you want to keep the look going.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I think I am going to go with the 18's. I want to keep my ride quality and not have to feel like I am driving on pins and needles all the time. And I do agree that the 18's on the SE look good.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have black 19" wheels on my black sonata so I may be partial, but IMO, they are the best combination of looks and drivability. I get compliments on them daily.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
QUOTE (bankerboy32 @ May 26 2010, 01:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326420
Thanks for the help guys. I think I am going to go with the 18's. I want to keep my ride quality and not have to feel like I am driving on pins and needles all the time. And I do agree that the 18's on the SE look good.
I think the 17's are the best compromise among looks, comfort, handling, ruggedness, and cost. But,,, they weren't on the list. :grin:

You even have to be careful with the 18's. If your streets have potholes, you'll end up with a bent wheel or cut tire if you're not real careful.

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (bobad @ May 26 2010, 08:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326528
I think the 17's are the best compromise among looks, comfort, handling, ruggedness, and cost. But,,, they weren't on the list. :grin:

You even have to be careful with the 18's. If your streets have potholes, you'll end up with a bent wheel or cut tire if you're not real careful.
Are you offroading with your sonata?

Just kidding, maybe I'm jaded because most of the roads in so cal are pretty smooth.

·
Registered
623 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (legacy @ May 28 2010, 08:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327301
HEY, less posting and more picture taking! We wanna see your wheels with your drop.
Just got a new SLR and it should be in by Thursday. I will take tons of photos then. :bwekk:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.