Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I hope I'm in the right group, not sure what "TM" is. I recently traded in my 2017 SF Ultimate for a 2023 SEL. I knew I was losing some options, but never did I even question I was losing Homelink. It wasn't until I went to program it, I realized it wasn't there. What do you all use in place? Can I purchase a Homelink rearview mirror? Or just get another remote?

· Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo 8DCT HTRAC 20" wheels
1,908 Posts
If you are up to paying over $300, but it would be much cheaper here than at a dealer, you can get one here:

It's not listed for the SF but you can contact them to make sure. Honestly, it would be much cheaper to just another clip on remote. But the Hyundai one does have the auto dimming feature (not sure if yours has) and a compass display. The power connectors should be already there.

· Registered
1,493 Posts
Sounds familiar; bought a '23 G70, lost the heated steering wheel, and had to pay 2 grand extra for the privilege. Ha ha. Anyway, the good news is you can buy the same mirror that is on my Calligraphy, which has the Homelink buttons on the bottom. Just make sure to buy one that is compatible with the SF, so it's a plug-and-play affair (with the same connector). It's not going to be cheap, but at least you have the option to have it :). Hope this helps. Good luck.

Reactions: susan0527

· Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
1,598 Posts
Hello all! I hope I'm in the right group, not sure what "TM" is. I recently traded in my 2017 SF Ultimate for a 2023 SEL. I knew I was losing some options, but never did I even question I was losing Homelink. It wasn't until I went to program it, I realized it wasn't there. What do you all use in place? Can I purchase a Homelink rearview mirror? Or just get another remote?
If I didn't have HomeLink, I'd just use the garage door opener clipped to my sun visor or the door map pocket.

· Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
1,598 Posts
The auto-dimming feature, that's another loss I wasn't aware. I don't get why take away the Homelink? Thanks for the link. I'll have to think that one over :)
They didn't "take it away"; you bought a trim level that doesn't have that feature. There's 5 trim levels - you got trim #2. There's lots of stuff that SEL doesn't come with that upper level trims have.

· Registered
1,908 Posts
Yes, just have 3 garage door openers clipped to your interior....really convenient!!!!!
Not sure just how old you are but most all of today's modern openers have three buttons on them. So only one thing to clip.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all for your insight. I talked to Hyundai and this feature was removed I believe in 2019. The reason being is that they "plan" to include that in Bluelink at some point.....at some point. Amazon is my friend and will just get a remote :)

· Registered
1,908 Posts
Thank you all for your insight. I talked to Hyundai and this feature was removed I believe in 2019. The reason being is that they "plan" to include that in Bluelink at some point.....at some point. Amazon is my friend and will just get a remote :)
Just make sure you get the right remote for your opener. Chamberlain (for example) openers have a thing called MyQ that you can connect it to Alexa and it will allow your for Amazon to deliver packages right inside your garage. I only say that because different manufacturers use a different signal scheme that the HomeLink software decodes and then uses the right modulation scheme. They also have (most of the old one have either died or have been replace) ones with Rolling Codes so that every time you open the door the opener will expect a different code from the remote. This was done to prevent anyone with, say a Jenie, opener from just driving down the street to see which doors they could open.

I really like the MyQ wireless interface as now my Amazon packages are dry, nicely stacked and most importantly not just out on the porch when we're not home to get porch pirated .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts