Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased in May. I have driven about 11K miles since then. up until around 8K and my first maintenance I would get 38-40 MPG, Ever since it was serviced the MPG has been drastically lower, 28-32. What could cause this? I have tried to speak with service manager but they do not return my call. Is there some remedy I could try on my own?
Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Do not know where you live but if in a climate that is cooler in the winter months the MPG will decrease simply due to that. Your drop of 10MPG is large though. For me I have to drive at least 10 miles to attain the MPG that is normal for me. Short trips kill the MPG, especially in the winter months. I have a feeling that around 32 or so in the winter is going to be normal for this hybrid.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Limited Hybrid
5 Posts
Khoffman19, I got mine in October, and it was still pretty mild here on Long Island. I have been in the 28-32 mpg bracket regardless of the drive. I just hope I see numbers like your original mileage when I spend some time with it in Florida, and when Spring/Summer rolls around. Otherwise, I've got some choice words for Hyundai with their MPG estimates.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I own a 2016 Sonata Se Hybrid. Cold weather does effect mileage. Batteries do not like the cold and use their own power to warm themselves up. My mileage drops during the winter and suffers anywhere from 2 to 6 MPG. As soon as this chip issue clears up, I plan on looking at a Tucson Hybrid.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Has anyone noticed an increase in the oil level on the dipstick indicating fuel dilution. This hybrid, the gas engine will shut down before the operating temp is reached and the EV kicks in. Engine never really heats up on short trips thus creating the fuel dilution. My dipstick has seen as much as an inch over full.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts