Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone have any info on when pricing and availability info will be released for the PLUG-IN for Canada.
Hyundai Canada is now showing availability in the “Fall 2021” with no pricing yet.. Hyundai USA used to say “Coming Summer 2021” now no date is mentioned; also no pricing. With a strike looming in Hyundai S. Korea it doesn’t look good.

Also noted the cost to add your name to the wait list in the USA is only $100; it’s $500 in Canada.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Someone on the 2022 Tucson facebook group said that their dealership in Quebec gave them a quote for the PHEV as ~43k for the Luxury PHEV and ~46k for the Ultimate PHEV.
I think if you're in Quebec and can get all the incentives, it'll be really worth considering.
But elsewhere, the PHEV will only get 2.5k federal rebate and the decision becomes a bit harder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Someone on the 2022 Tucson facebook group said that their dealership in Quebec gave them a quote for the PHEV as ~43k for the Luxury PHEV and ~46k for the Ultimate PHEV.
I think if you're in Quebec and can get all the incentives, it'll be really worth considering.
But elsewhere, the PHEV will only get 2.5k federal rebate and the decision becomes a bit harder.
I believe federal rebate is 5k in Ontario. Doubt it will be any different compared to RAV4 Prime

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid
102 Posts
I believe federal rebate is 5k in Ontario. Doubt it will be any different compared to RAV4 Prime
^ In order to get the full $5,000 federal rebate under Transport Canada's "iZEV Program" the traction battery size in the vehicle must be 15 kWh or larger. Unfortunately the battery size in the Tucson PHEV is 13.8 kWh. This means the federal rebate amount for the Tucson PHEV will be $2,500 (based on an outright purchase or a minimum 4-year lease of the vehicle).
Further info about the iZEV Program can be found here: List of eligible vehicles under the iZEV Program

·
Registered
3 Posts
^ In order to get the full $5,000 federal rebate under Transport Canada's "iZEV Program" the traction battery size in the vehicle must be 15 kWh or larger. Unfortunately the battery size in the Tucson PHEV is 13.8 kWh. This means the federal rebate amount for the Tucson PHEV will be $2,500 (based on an outright purchase or a minimum 4-year lease of the vehicle).
Further info about the iZEV Program can be found here: List of eligible vehicles under the iZEV Program
Thanks, this was helpful. Did not know rebate depended on the size of the battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It looks like the pricing is up on the pre-order page..
$45,935 for the luxury PHEV trim

I see the rebate on the federal incentive website but still don't see it on the quebec one.
Anyone know what incentives this will be eligible for? And what the actual price after incentives and whatnot will be?

·
Registered
102 Posts

I see the rebate on the federal incentive website but still don't see it on the quebec one.
Anyone know what incentives this will be eligible for? And what the actual price after incentives and whatnot will be?
^ Can you post a link to the pre-order page you speak of?

·
Registered
102 Posts

^ The Quebec EV Rebate website doesn't yet list the 2022 Tucson PHEV, but they do list the 2022 Santa Fe PHEV. Quebec's purchase rebate for the '22 Santa Fe PHEV is $4,000. I would expect the rebate amount for the '22 Tucson PHEV to be the same or very similar.
Link to website: Eligible new vehicles |Québec Government rebate for new VE

·
Registered
102 Posts
Spoke with the sales manager today at the local Hyundai dealership (in south-western Ontario) and he said he doesn't expect to see Tucson PHEVs to start turning up until at least January 2022. o_O

·
Registered
47 Posts
Spoke with the sales manager today at the local Hyundai dealership (in south-western Ontario) and he said he doesn't expect to see Tucson PHEVs to start turning up until at least January 2022. o_O
Man I hope hes wrong! The sales manager at my dealer still says he hasnt heard anything but the last thing he told me was late October. If it wont be until 2022 I may break down and get the regular hybrid :p

·
Registered
29 Posts
wow, I am in the same boat...paid deposit almost 10 weeks ago and got no news from the dealer, called a local dealer and now they tell me for even hybrid wait time is till Jan 22.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wow, I am in the same boat...paid deposit almost 10 weeks ago and got no news from the dealer, called a local dealer and now they tell me for even hybrid wait time is till Jan 22.
Interesting. The preorder website for Hyundai Canada still says “Fall 2021”. Wonder what’s the hold up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For those in Toronto I got mine under MSRP - seems to be a fairly decent deal considering other posts mention selling above MSRP. Still no idea of ETA yet on my June preorder.

·
Registered
102 Posts
For those in Toronto I got mine under MSRP - seems to be a fairly decent deal considering other posts mention selling above MSRP. Still no idea of ETA yet on my June preorder.
^ What do you mean by "under MSRP"? That's kind of vague. Specifics please.
/rb

1 - 20 of 56 Posts