Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited USA Market, Amazon Grey/Black With full OEM Spare
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who owns a 2022 Tucson Non hybrid should have compact spare tire.

Under the cargo cover, behind the spare is a black molded foam storage unit that houses the jack.

Hyundai calls it Tray luggage center.

I'm looking for the part number of this unit and dealers can not find it or order it.

On my older Elantra the part number was molded into it on the bottom and without one to compare, if anyone who is willing to check thier Tucson, could you send a picture or the number?

TIA

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trying to get the foam insert that houses the jack and fits behind the spare tire.

I have a OEM part number 85750-N9050NNB TRAY-LUGGAGE,CENTER from a dealer, but no picture of actual part, just a generic drawing that looks like the full tray that comes without the spare tire found in the Hybrid Tucson.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Can't find a photo anywhere, but that number doesn't match the number on the photo in another post and the number on the posted photo doesn't match the illustration in the Hyundai parts list.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also,
Can anyone with a 2022 Tucson ICE version post some pictures of the spare tire compartment without the spare in it?

Specifically the area where the clamp to retain the wheel screws into.

TIA

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Now after much research, my Hybrid Limited gets a factory compact spare that's secured with factory Clamp Spare Tire, factory Tool Set Ovm and with proper Tray Luggage Center foam and still preserves full use of second lower shelf!

Out with the useless Tire Moblity Kit.

After removing the factory welded bracket and studs in the floor pan that interfere with the spare tire and serve no use, the Bracket Assembly Spare Tire that gets welded at the factory to the floor pan on the ICE models came in from Hyundai.

I feel safer now in the event I survive a roll over, I won't get finished off by my own spare tire. Plus no bouncing over speed bumps or potholes.

Automotive tire Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas Automotive wheel system

The missing and costly link, Bracket Assembly Spare Tire in all its glory.

Gas Circle Button Finger food Font

Truck bed liner applied to spare tire pan.

Gas Wood Brick Auto part Circle

Mounted. I opted for stainless steel rivets on lieu of welding in fear of loosing any anti rust coating on the underside and burning the factory installed asphaltic sound deadening strips.

Wood Road surface Grey Asphalt Font

Head Wood Art Snout Door

Water Wood Wall Flooring Mesh

Slight alterations to the Tray Luggage Center foam from the ICE only model Tucson, and fit is perfect.

As a side note, the ICE only Tucsons whether it be the SE , SEL, N-Line or Limited all get the same compact spare tire. US market gets the T135/90-17. This is somewhat baffling since the different trim models have different wheel sizes, 235/65 R17 and 235/55 R19, yet the compact spare is the same for all and matches none as far as Revolutions per Mile, even on AWD equipped trim lines.

For the uniformed there is a modern spare option that will cost 450USD for a cobbled up spare tire setup that is not ideal.

I chose the larger tire for the compact spare as its rotating revolutions per mile match much more closely to the Limited 235/55/19 factory wheels which puts little if any stress on the AWD system.

Full use of lower level and I am using the much better fitted circumference 165/90/17 compact spare tire for the AWD system.

One small modification needed to the Tray Luggage Center if using the smaller spare that comes with the ICE only Tucson. Just have to cut the underside foam lower left rear standoff down enough to clear the battery vent duct.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

As a added bonus, the Hybrid Quarter Trim and Sill Trim Lower position shelf is lower than the ICE only shelf. It's only about 3/4 inch lower but still works even with the larger compact
spare.

As a note: the Floor Cover Panel does sit on the tire [not rim] while in the lower position as well as the lower shelf. Although not by design, this does give it more support.

I hope this helps people looking for a spare option and want the use of the lower level cargo area to be a option.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Slight alterations to the Tray Luggage Center foam from the ICE only model Tucson, and fit is perfect.
As a side note, the ICE only Tucsons whether it be the SE , SEL, N-Line or Limited all get the same compact spare tire. US market gets the T135/90-17. This is somewhat baffling since the different trim models have different wheel sizes, 235/65 R17 and 235/55 R19, yet the compact spare is the same for all and matches none as far as Revolutions per Mile, even on AWD equipped trim lines.
For the uniformed there is a modern spare option that will cost 450USD for a cobbled up spare tire setup that is not ideal.
I chose the larger tire for the compact spare as its rotating revolutions per mile match much more closely to the Limited 235/55/19 factory wheels which puts little if any stress on the AWD system.
Full use of lower level and I am using the much better fitted circumference 165/90/17 compact spare tire for the AWD system.
One small modification needed to the Tray Luggage Center if using the smaller spare that comes with the ICE only Tucson. Just have to cut the underside foam lower left rear standoff down enough to clear the battery vent duct.
As a added bonus, the Hybrid Quarter Trim and Sill Trim Lower position shelf is lower than the ICE only shelf. It's only about 3/4 inch lower but still works even with the larger compact
spare.
As a note: the Floor Cover Panel does sit on the tire [not rim] while in the lower position as well as the lower shelf. Although not by design, this does give it more support.
I hope this helps people looking for a spare option and want the use of the lower level cargo area to be a option.
@flashbang Nice work with the cutting wheel! 💪 I also cannot fathom why the default gas spare is a 135/90 ❓- (Guessing it's for VERY little miles and sometimes you can have a 2WD drivetrain). I simply bought a Santa Fe spare that had the right/closer rolling radius to my 17's from eBay.

I went with a temporary solution (as the car is a lease) with sacrificing the lower space and some hockey pucks. But if I go permanent and purchase it, I would like to know the part number for the center mounting plate as reference to get some space back! - TIA.

Automotive exterior Auto part Font Circle Tints and shades
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Gas

·
Registered
'22 Tucson
66 Posts
While I have an ICE I've still picked up quite a bit here toward my hunting down a 'more correct' spare for my Conv. Package 19es. Not hyjacking anything, but I'm sure you noticed a vendor offering their 'fullblown retail' solution for the spare kit:

I obviously don't need anything making up the rest of that 'kit' except just the wheel/tire. So, I'm off hunting what closely matches my tires' 28.7" dia. with a 155/85-18 donut spare in a 5x114.3mm bolt pattern. I'll be looking at maybe the larger Sante Fe unless someone else knows the exact fitment.

·
Registered
27 Posts
While I have an ICE I've still picked up quite a bit here toward my hunting down a 'more correct' spare for my Conv. Package 19es. Not hyjacking anything, but I'm sure you noticed a vendor offering their 'fullblown retail' solution for the spare kit:
I obviously don't need anything making up the rest of that 'kit' except just the wheel/tire. So, I'm off hunting what closely matches my tires' 28.7" dia. with a 155/85-18 donut spare in a 5x114.3mm bolt pattern. I'll be looking at maybe the larger Sante Fe unless someone else knows the exact fitment.
I saw that kit and only wanted the scissor jack to accommodate the height of an SUV (my first, I've only owned cars). So I bought their jack only for $30 something plus shipping. I didn't want their 18 inch wheel either -> thinking that a 17" donut tire was easier/more common to find from another close Hyundai vehicle.

Assuming you have 235/55/19s > 175/90/17 or 155/90/18 are within 1% in circumference (good enough for me) as you know. GL

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Sure did notice and in my post I mentioned the less than ideal solution from them.
It's not even close to a fullblown retail solution as they say.

Its just a overpriced spare that you throw in the trunk pan with the jack and tools unsecured.

I wanted a OEM solution or as close too.

A little work for a much better result.

There is a larger compact spare option other than the one I used, but I chose the size I used as a compromise that works for me.

I wanted larger spare, but still reserve the option to use the Tray Luggage Center OEM foam to neatly store the jack.

I loose the option to store the Cargo Cover under the upper shelf.

I could of went larger diameter, but smaller height T155/90 R18 and gain the ability to store the Cargo Cover, but I would lose the ability to use the Tray Luggage Center foam.

I would just get the standard ICE Tucson compact spare if I didn't need to drive on it for 70 miles in the event I needed it.

IMO Hyundai went with the smaller compact spare in the US market ICE Tucsons to allow the Cargo Cover under shelf storage and as a cost saving stunt. Other markets have different size compact spares and I have seen full size spares from factory.

I belive they don't offer it in the Hybrid Tucsons for a few reasons.
Cost
Weight
and rear crash.

IMO, I belive that the battery can be crushed or compromised fairly easily.

A spare tire interrupts the design and engineered crumple zones of a rear impact and could act as a ram into the battery pack.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Now after much research, my Hybrid Limited gets a factory compact spare that's secured with factory Clamp Spare Tire, factory Tool Set Ovm and with proper Tray Luggage Center foam and still preserves full use of second lower shelf!

After removing the factory welded bracket and studs in the floor pan that interfere with the spare tire and serve no use, the Bracket Assembly Spare Tire that gets welded at the factory to the floor pan on the ICE models came in from Hyundai.

I feel safer now in the event I survive a roll over, I won't get finished off by my own spare tire. Plus no bouncing over speed bumps or potholes.

View attachment 470234

View attachment 470238

View attachment 470229

View attachment 470288

Mounted. I opted for stainless steel rivets on lieu of welding in fear of loosing any anti rust coating on the underside and burning the factory installed asphaltic sound deadening strips.

View attachment 470290

View attachment 470289

View attachment 470291

View attachment 470236

spare.

View attachment 470234

View attachment 470238

View attachment 470229

View attachment 470288

View attachment 470290

View attachment 470289

View attachment 470291

View attachment 470236

spare.

Awesome post there flashbang. Quick question though, what is the part number for the "Bracket Assembly Spare Tire " you mentioned? I'm having trouble locking down that part.

That said, I agree with you regarding the larger spare tire of 165/90 R17 more closely lining up with OEM size and that most Hyundai Santa Fes come with that size spare. To add, for others thinking about tracking down a used spare, if you are lucky enough to find it, the 2007 year Santa Fe came equipped with an alloy rim (posted picture). I believe that was the only year they used alloy before going to steel. That probably saves a few pounds. I was lucky enough to find one at a local junk yard. Paid $30 bucks for the spare and jack tools. However, I did replace the tire, as it was manufactured on the 48 week of 2006. I wasn't confident in trusting a tire that is nearly old enough to vote. LOL. Thanks again!
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Locking hubs

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

·
Registered
47 Posts
Awesome post there flashbang. Quick question though, what is the part number for the "Bracket Assembly Spare Tire " you mentioned? I'm having trouble locking down that part.

That said, I agree with you regarding the larger spare tire of 165/90 R17 more closely lining up with OEM size and that most Hyundai Santa Fes come with that size spare. To add, for others thinking about tracking down a used spare, if you are lucky enough to find it, the 2007 year Santa Fe came equipped with an alloy rim (posted picture). I believe that was the only year they used alloy before going to steel. That probably saves a few pounds. I was lucky enough to find one at a local junk yard. Paid $30 bucks for the spare and jack tools. However, I did replace the tire, as it was manufactured on the 48 week of 2006. I wasn't confident in trusting a tire that is nearly old enough to vote. LOL. Thanks again!
View attachment 473031
View attachment 473030
Well, I think I found the part number for the Spare tire bracket. ITs for the 2022 Hyundai Tucson ICE with part number 65793N9000. Just orders it. I will update once I receive it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts