Hyundai Forums banner

2022 Tucson Hybrid

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  mungo544 
#1 ·
New to the forum. But very frustrated by the CarPlay. It just blanks out and can not get it back. I saw a post with the reset. I’ll try that. I think I did that but it didn’t work. I’ll try again. I hope that Apple/Tucson engineers get this fixed and stop the finger pointing. I know I will not get a Hyundai in the future. Having these CarPlay issues is dangerous. I agree with the person who wrote that these cars should not be sold. It’s an ongoing, dangerous situation.

#3 ·
Agree with the complaints on non-usable CarPlay. Numerous calls to Hyundai Canada with the identical response "we are working on it" at least they don't try to deny the problem or say you are the only one complaining. They do however try their best to lay the blame on Apple. Dealer is of no help whatsoever.

I have found if you wait several minutes after start up for the CarPlay to totally initialize before driving away that the CarPlay operation is more reliable. After a short stop then restarting the vehicle will sometimes result in a no connection to CarPlay event and no amount of resetting will resolve. The next day CarPlay will initialize like nothing ever occurred and of course it won't do it if you try to demonstrate it to the dealer. Frustrating for sure, and with the 8" screen wireless CarPlay is the only option for connection.

#5 ·
I’m not sure if the OP is talking about wireless or wired Apple Car Play. I haven’t had any problems with wired Apple Car Play in my PHEV Limited. I have found that waiting to plug in the iPhone until after it has connected via Bluetooth for phone functions makes a difference

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.