Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I've been working with a local dealership (greater Boston, MA area) to get a 2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited that they have on order. Just curious if any of you have any experience with this process and can share any info with me.

My understanding was that my dealership had this car on order for their inventory - it was the right trim level and color combo, so we said we wanted it. Original ETA was 9/15/21. The dealer rep I've been working with said that, once it progresses through the build process and a VIN is generated, we can put down a deposit to formally reserve the car. As of today, there's still no VIN yet, but the ETA did just push out to early October. Given all the supply chain craziness, I'm not surprised about this.

Does anyone know how long it normally takes until the VIN is created? Should I be expecting the VIN to be created toward the end of the process? Any info you can share is appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am also looking order one tomorrow. How did you the information on ETA and VIN creation for the car.

Did your car dealer share the ETA with you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am also looking order one tomorrow. How did you the information on ETA and VIN creation for the car.

Did your car dealer share the ETA with you?
Yes. That's all information I received from my contact at the dealership.

·
Registered
82 Posts
With the continued parts shortages, port delays and lack of truck drivers, it’ll be nothing short of a Christmas Miracle if any customer gets a Limited within the next 12 months.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson hybrid limited
198 Posts
well i ordered my hybrid limited 3 months ago. just found out today that my car will be in this Saturday. will be picking it up this coming Monday. so excited now i won`t be able to get much sleep.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all! I've been working with a local dealership (greater Boston, MA area) to get a 2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited that they have on order. Just curious if any of you have any experience with this process and can share any info with me.

My understanding was that my dealership had this car on order for their inventory - it was the right trim level and color combo, so we said we wanted it. Original ETA was 9/15/21. The dealer rep I've been working with said that, once it progresses through the build process and a VIN is generated, we can put down a deposit to formally reserve the car. As of today, there's still no VIN yet, but the ETA did just push out to early October. Given all the supply chain craziness, I'm not surprised about this.

Does anyone know how long it normally takes until the VIN is created? Should I be expecting the VIN to be created toward the end of the process? Any info you can share is appreciated. Thank you!

I live in New Haven,CT .
I have ordered Tucson limited trim 2 months ago from a CT dealer. The initial ETA was 08/22 but now I was told it will be 2nd week of Oct.
But this dealer accepted the deposit without a VIN number. He says they will get the VIN once the vehicle reaches US port of entry.
I tried showrooms from near by states like MA , RI and NY. Because I narrowed it down to 2 colours, I do not have any other option other than waiting for my car to arrive.
and Few of the dealers have started saying the deposit is not refundable (Crazy situation for car buying)

Beware of Hyundai dealers, Most of them are charging $4000 to $5000 over MSRP. But few are selling at the MSRP price.

You can look for the vehicles with VIN number in the below portal also. You may find your car too once it reaches US port of entry.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Beware of Hyundai dealers, Most of them are charging $4000 to $5000 over MSRP. But few are selling at the MSRP price.

I live in CT also. Where is the $4,000 to $5000 over MSRP added? Is it added to the sticker? I bought a SEL hybrid in May and I paid sticker price minus $500 military discount. It came out to $33,033 plus tax and reg fees.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I live in CT also. Where is the $4,000 to $5000 over MSRP added? Is it added to the sticker? I bought a SEL hybrid in May and I paid sticker price minus $500 military discount. It came out to $33,033 plus tax and reg fees.
Most of the showrooms in RI and few in CT are charging more. Yes depending on the trim and model I would say $3000 to $5000 (excluding tax, title fee, doc fee). We will get surprise's once we start discussing at the showroom
33k for SEL Hybrid is the correct MSRP price. Did you happen to negotiate on MSRP?

Here is the link for Out the door price for any vehicle based on he state we live.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Most of the showrooms in RI and few in CT are charging more. Yes depending on the trim and model I would say $3000 to $5000 (excluding tax, title fee, doc fee). We will get surprise's once we start discussing at the showroom
33k for SEL Hybrid is the correct MSRP price. Did you happen to negotiate on MSRP?

Here is the link for Out the door price for any vehicle based on he state we live.
I tried. The only thing I received was free floor mats and a $500 military discount.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Luxury
137 Posts
Man, I got very lucky with mine. I was looking for the Hybrid Luxury (one trim down from the Ultimate/Limited) in white and grey interior. I went to a dealer back in April when the Tucson inventory started coming in and they actually had the trim and colour I wanted. There were 2 other people looking for the exact one across Canada at that time and they were asking that dealer to have it shipped out, so I knew if I didn't grab it I would have to wait a long time for another.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was lucky too. I test drove the non-hybrid limited and really liked it and was considering buying that. About a week later, I was looking at more Tucsons at another dealer and a salesman told me how he really liked the new Hybrids which I was not familiar with. I went to another dealer and test drove the SEL Hybrid and was blown away by the acceleration power of the hybrid. I knew I wanted that car in that trim. The limited hybrid would be nice but I couldn't justify the extra money for my budget.

·
Registered
'22 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Limited
79 Posts
We got lucky. I was impressed with the looks of the Tucson and read, amongst all of the reviews, that the hybrid had a lot more power than the conventional 2.5, especially the upcoming PHEV. After researching it and finding out that the PHEV was only being sold in compliance states (we live in AZ), I did a lot more research on the conventional hybrid and was impressed. I called a local dealer with a good reputation in early July and we ended up hooking up to an amazing salesperson who convinced her sales manager to put us on a list for a regular hybrid. She said that the list showed three 'enroute' from Korea; however, they needed a VIN to take a deposit. Wife wanted a silver; however, they showed only three total coming, all Quartz White Limiteds, one with black interior and two with grey. She saw a Santa Fe on the lot with the white and loved the color, so we signed for it. We were told "late August or early September at the earliest." Last week on Monday, I got a text: "Your car is here. Call me ASAP to leave a deposit, please, if you still want the car as we have more than 30 people on the list and there's no issue if you wish to cancel, thanks, bye." Of course I called up and used a CC for a $1000 deposit. Got the call Wednesday that the car just came in and when did we want to take delivery. We made arrangements to come in on Friday to pick up the vehicle. The wife had loved the ICE Tucson she test drove, and absolutely fell in love with the Hybrid Limited the instant she saw it in the delivery room....and even more so once she drove it with all of the additional power, not to mention how much quieter is is than the ICE version.

Ends up that we ended up getting the only one of the three that actually came in (no word on the other two, yet) and, since we were the first on the list, the Sales Manager had originally had us sign purchasing the vehicle at $500 below MSRP. It was just a week after we were in that the deluge of calls began and their list grew to over 30. Our salesperson said that other people on the list were offering over $5k more than MSRP (huh??...not me!), which is why she said we were welcome to drop out. At last check, she said that they had only 5 Hybrid Limiteds (including the original 3) coming in through December 2022 and that almost all of the people on the list wanted Limiteds. She did say "a few" SELs and Blues were coming in, but none were available at this point (all now pre-sold) and the lists were growing daily with no new deliveries in sight.

Her parting comment as we drove the vehicle off the lot to take it for a clear bra was: "Congratulations! Go buy a letter ticket because you came in at the perfect time to get this vehicle. I wish I had dozens more to sell! You were very smart to just take that Quartz White as we aren't even being given a choice in what they are sending us, at least for now."

So, again, we got lucky. Wife loves the vehicle and, when I checked with a few other dealers prior to picking ours up, was told "3-4 months, IF we get the ones they say we'll get" and I was told "price will be provided once the vehicle comes in."

I hope this changes for those of you who are looking for a similar vehicle. Maybe there is a container ship just waiting to be off-loaded in SoCal.....or you can be in the right place (accidentally) at the right time, like we were.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife and I ordered a 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Limited at the end of August 2021 and were told the best guestimate for delivery was 45 to 90 days. We're coming up on 60 days and there is no further updated ETA.

·
Registered
'22 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Limited
79 Posts
My wife and I ordered a 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Limited at the end of August 2021 and were told the best guestimate for delivery was 45 to 90 days. We're coming up on 60 days and there is no further updated ETA.
My salesperson, here in Scottsdale, AZ, told me they were told they had 3 coming in November (after the 3 they had come in during August, then nothing until early next year. Last we spoke, she said that there was still no word on the 3, and they usually know a few weeks before delivery when the VINs are assigned. She said their waiting list is 3 figures and growing, with regular calls from the people on the list, none of whom are happy. She said that's why they don't take a deposit until the VIN is assigned, and that makes sense.

Here's hoping that yours will show up, soon! My wife is very happy with hers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased our 2022 Tuscson Hybrid Ultimate in August 2021(Ottawa Canada). Put a $1000 deposit down. We were told by the dealership that they would look around to see if they could find one somewhere to bring in, if not - they would order from the factory. 9 weeks went buy and I checked in. They told me it they should hear something soon. The very next day, we received an email from hyndai Canada thanking us for our order and that we were number 84 in the queue and the car should be ready by December. More info would follow once a VIN was available. I suspect my dealership didn't actually place the order until I followed up 9 weeks later. How long after purchase has it taken you guys to get the e-mail from Hyundai confirming you were in the system?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Purchased our 2022 Tuscson Hybrid Ultimate in August 2021(Ottawa Canada). Put a $1000 deposit down. We were told by the dealership that they would look around to see if they could find one somewhere to bring in, if not - they would order from the factory. 9 weeks went buy and I checked in. They told me it they should hear something soon. The very next day, we received an email from hyndai Canada thanking us for our order and that we were number 84 in the queue and the car should be ready by December. More info would follow once a VIN was available. I suspect my dealership didn't actually place the order until I followed up 9 weeks later. How long after purchase has it taken you guys to get the e-mail from Hyundai confirming you were in the system?
Calgary, 22 Ultimate HEV, not plug in:
Ordered Mid Aug; $5k deposit
Early Oct my sales guy said it might deliver this month
Arrived at dealer Oct 20
Delivered to me Oct 29
Never heard anything from Hyundai corporate

·
Registered
3 Posts
Placed an order on Oct 4 for a Hyundai 2022 Tucson Hybrid Luxury (WPG, Canada) and still waiting for VIN number. I was told at the time of placing a factory order, I am probably looking at next Feb or March delivery.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson HEV Ultimate, White/Grey
257 Posts
Also from Ottawa. What dealer did you use?

I dealt with Pathway in Orleans. Never received any order confirmation from Hyundai Auto Canada. (Did receive email Customer survey after delivery.)

Ordered with deposit, May 26th; arrived at dealer Aug 12th in advance of the 3rd delivery date they'd given me (had been told, Jul 23rd, then Aug 7th, then Aug 23rd) . Took delivery Aug 20th.

It's great you heard directly from Hyundai ... otherwise, it's just smoke and mirrors! The next solid step is to get a VIN ... that makes your car real!!!

·
Registered
Drives 2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid
42 Posts
Also from Ottawa region.
Ordered a 22 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid in mid June and received it September 18. Was getting information from the dealer constantly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm in Illinois. Several of the bigger dealers currently have 4 to 8 Tucson Hybrids in stock, and 25 to 40 of the non hybrid model. The ones charging the biggest market adjustment fee have the lowest inventory. I can't figure this one out at all. :) My numbers were as of last night.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts