Hyundai Forums banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Have you tried plugging in a USB player? (I haven't, just asking). I USB stick with music files works, according to other posts here.
Thanks for your response. I do know I can use a stick but I have many CD albums and continue to get CDs of things that would require me to transfer the files to a stick and it is way too difficult without the equipment to do this. I have Apple products so would need to plug in a CD player etc etc etc. Just me missing something I used to use all of the time. I almost went with a Subaru SUV because they still supply one - but don't know for how much longer.

·
Registered
‘22 Tucson Limited PHEV, Deep Sea Blue and black
61 Posts
Agree with everything already stated. My husband used his decibel meter for both sounds. Forward is 56 DB and Reverse is 85 DB which is above the 70 recommended level found to be safe. My daughter just bought a Toyota Prius Prime (2021) and does not have to deal with this level of intrusion. There literally should be a Recall to set the Reverse backup sound to safer levels. I appreciate that something that alerts people is required but it should also be mindful of disturbing neighborhoods and scaring people into heart attacks.

My contribution is:
The backs seats when reclined jut into your back
The carpeting is pretty thin
No mats of any kind included with purchase no matter what trim
No accessories available to purchase

I would love, not just like, this vehicle if they dealt with the sound issue. I cringe every time I have to back it up anywhere. The US government range of decibels from, low to high, does not put 85 DB as a requirement. It is above range and, as has been pointed out, at the wrong end of the car to be truly effective especially in a parking lot.
I haven’t seen a 22 Tucson sold without mats, cargo cover, wheel locks, etc. In fact mine is coming with mats AND because I did an early reservation for a PHEV I get special edition mats, so if you’d like my mats, lemme know.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited
42 Posts
You likely don’t realize that the chirp sound (with flashing lights) is the modern evolution of the old-fashioned, ANNOYING, horn beep when locking vehicles. My opinion is that folks who cannot detect these combined sound and light signals should not be behind the wheel.
The horn honking (like most, if not all? US brands) or at least louder beeps would be useful for trying to locate your vehicle in a parking lot. The faint beeps are quite challenging to hear in that situation. I mean, the back up beep on the US version is ten times louder than the lock chirp.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson HEV Ultimate, White/Grey
193 Posts
I love everything about my new Tucson Hybrid except for that metal seat trim which digs into my upper back.
Has anyone found a way to remove it from the seat?
It’s funny you mentioned that! The first week we had it (so, back in August), the metal dug into my shoulder blade once as I turned around to back up, but oddly, it hasn’t happened again since.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I’m 6’5” and that metal trim puts pressure on my sore upper back and causes a lot of discomfort. I’ve Velcroed a foam pad there for now until I come up with a fix. This is what happens when you can’t test drive before you buy. Lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
I haven’t seen a 22 Tucson sold without mats, cargo cover, wheel locks, etc. In fact mine is coming with mats AND because I did an early reservation for a PHEV I get special edition mats, so if you’d like my mats, lemme know.
John,

I'm in Illinois. Carpet mats are the only thing that are added to every hybrid at the factory. All the other stuff, wheel locks, mud guards, cargo cover are all hit or miss around here. It's no biggie though, most dealers will sell the other stuff to you and install it for 20% less than the manufacturer charges.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts