Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid SEL
4 Posts
Much to my chagrin I've noticed my hybrid SEL makes the back up noise even when the engine is engaged from the point when I put it in reverse to when I put it in drive. Oh well, maybe Hyundai will do something...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I guess I'll be the odd one out and say that the VESS on my hybrid blue Tucson is not unduly loud--at least from inside the car. I've never heard it from outside the car. The sound can be heard below 25mph and slower and is gone above 25mph. It doesn't sound any louder than the VESS on my sister's 2016 Sonata hybrid. The backup chime also is not objectionably loud from inside the car. I appreciate that there is some warning sound for small animals and children (but then I repeat myself) to let them know I'm backing up.

The speaker is fairly large and blocks air to the intercooler but I have no objection to it otherwise.
My 2022 Hybrid Limited model has the warning but it is not loud- muted and only noticeable if standing right there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please send complaints to Hundai Motor Company about this. I have sent two emails and I just called and complained and they told me that no one else has called with this complaint. I love this car but want this issue fixed now. It isn't fair to my neighbor's to listen to the back up alert noise. Let's bombard them with this complaint so they will do something now to our cars instead of waiting for the next release. Please post when you have contacted them

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid (pending)
37 Posts
I visited the local Hyundai dealer today (in Ontario, Canada) to have a look at an Amazon Gray 2022 Tucson Ultimate (Limited) Hybrid that had just arrived. My wife was behind the wheel of the vehicle (with me standing right in front) and I asked her to put the car in Reverse. The back-up alert sound (which comes from the front of the car) was audible but was not loud or annoying. Based on my experience today I think this entire alert sound issue has been overblown, unless the alert sound is a lot louder on vehicles built for the USA.
We were really impressed with the new Tucson Ultimate Hybrid and have decided to buy it - we take delivery in a couple of days. :)
- Richard

·
Registered
138 Posts
I visited the local Hyundai dealer today (in Ontario, Canada) to have a look at an Amazon Gray 2022 Tucson Ultimate (Limited) Hybrid that had just arrived. My wife was behind the wheel of the vehicle (with me standing right in front) and I asked her to put the car in Reverse. The back-up alert sound (which comes from the front of the car) was audible but was not loud or annoying. Based on my experience today I think this entire alert sound issue has been overblown, unless the alert sound is a lot louder on vehicles built for the USA.
We were really impressed with the new Tucson Ultimate Hybrid and have decided to buy it - we take delivery in a couple of days. :)
- Richard
It may be different in other countries bit in the USA, it would certainly be described as louder than expected and would be noticeable by neighbors in a typical neighborhood

·
Registered
71 Posts
Is the speaker for the VESS somewhere in the back?, could just try to find it and cut the wire to it.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
2,000 Posts
Is the speaker for the VESS somewhere in the back?, could just try to find it and cut the wire to it.
That would be like rolling the dice on the law, wouldn’t it, Joe? You’d also be gambling with losing everything you own if you backed over somebody. No, it wouldn’t be a smart bet to cut the wire.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please send complaints to Hundai Motor Company about this. I have sent two emails and I just called and complained and they told me that no one else has called with this complaint. I love this car but want this issue fixed now. It isn't fair to my neighbor's to listen to the back up alert noise. Let's bombard them with this complaint so they will do something now to our cars instead of waiting for the next release. Please post when you have contacted them
I just sent an online complaint to Hyundai. I also complained to our dealer as this was never demonstrated during the purchase process. It is so loud and unacceptable. It hurts my ears if I'm standing by the speaker. I can hear it in my living room when the car is backing out of my driveway. I never would have purchased this otherwise wonderful vehicle had we known.

·
Registered
11 Posts
just checked mine (Hybrid Ultimate), and it's not that loud.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We’re in the USA and took delivery of our Tucson Hybrid Limited yesterday and got it home and backed out of the driveway this evening and our neighbors were looking at us like we were crazy. It’s SO loud. I bet you can hear it over a block away. It’s ridiculous. If there’s a way to muffle it, I’d love to know.

·
Registered
37 Posts
We’re in the USA and took delivery of our Tucson Hybrid Limited yesterday and got it home and backed out of the driveway this evening and our neighbors were looking at us like we were crazy. It’s SO loud. I bet you can hear it over a block away. It’s ridiculous. If there’s a way to muffle it, I’d love to know.
just put some thing over the speaker to put the level that you would be happy with. post number 31 gives you a link on where the speaker is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That might explain it. Sounds like USA models are significantly louder.
i tried it again awhile ago using the reverse smart park. and traced the sound. it is coming from the front as what rbreeze from Ontario mentioned. it's a soft chime. i will try it again with my son driving over the weekend.

·
Registered
5 Posts
just put some thing over the speaker to put the level that you would be happy with. post number 31 gives you a link on where the speaker is.
Hello - i'm trying to do the same thing but i can't figure out how to remove the front grill. Is there a trick or hidden screws i need to be aware of?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello - i'm trying to do the same thing but i can't figure out how to remove the front grill. Is there a trick or hidden screws i need to be aware of?
i don`t have my car yet so i can not tell you about hidden screws. all i can tell you is put some thing on the front of the speaker to muzzle the sound down to where you want it. when i get my car and if to loud and find away i will post it here. good luck.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts