Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need to know if someone knows how to remove dash, it seems that the cover for the digital cluster is poorly installed and block several icons lights on the top.
Include a photo
I tried to push up the cover but it's solid

(Sorry, english is not my first language)
Entertainment Display device Font Gas Electric blue

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo 8DCT HTRAC 20" wheels
1,756 Posts
It's new with the warrante. Take it to the dealer.. I you mess it up, it's yours.

Reactions: tex2670

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Nice to see that the dealer did PDI lol. Smh.
You have to admit this is an edge (sorry for the pun) case that probably almost never happens and not on their check list.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Fe Calligraphy, 2.5T HTRAC, Hampton Gray / Black
253 Posts
Seems unlikely that the bezel around the screen (which is integrated with the rest of the dash) would be shifted. Maybe the screen is mounted wrong? Also, it doesn't look like there's enough room at the bottom of the screen to shift it down enough to completely see the top icons without clipping the stuff on the bottom? Very strange. Have you tried the default dash display, the one with round gauges?

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
1,797 Posts
Maybe the screen setting is incorrect, like large/regular/small font? I agree with arzoo, short on height. I think it is not configured correctly rather than a physical problem. Let the dealer handle it.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
1,479 Posts
You have to admit this is an edge (sorry for the pun) case that probably almost never happens and not on their check list.
Something like this should definitely be on the PDI list. Even if it isn't it is something the dealer really shouldn't miss.

·
Registered
2021 Santa FE SEL NA engine
203 Posts
Do you really think a dealer will do a PDI on any new vehicle? I don't!

We purchased a 2021 Santa Fe last year with 10 miles on the OD and there were still plastic/paper covers from HYUNDAI on the SUV. Was taken off of the transport truck that morning according to the general manager. In fact, the dealer prep people had not even put on the sticker that the dealers install on most cars with the dealership name on the car. So, I did not have to remove the sticker from our SUV.

We had to wait 30 to 45 mins for the car to be cleaned and detailed before the car was delivered to us. I went through the car interior opening up the floor storage compartment to insure everything was in place that should be there.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi,

I need to know if someone knows how to remove dash, it seems that the cover for the digital cluster is poorly installed and block several icons lights on the top.
Include a photo
I tried to push up the cover but it's solid

(Sorry, english is not my first language)
View attachment 472144
Did you try to change the theme and see if the problem is with only this theme or all of them?

·
Registered
2015 Sonata Limited 2.4 GDI non turbo 40k miles
371 Posts
If the plastic cover is one piece all around, maybe the piece got deformed or was not molded correctly at the factory. Try to push upwards on the plastic cover, near the top of the screen, see if this clears the top of the screen correctly. If you can push upwards the plastic piece, maybe it hasn't been secured correctly at the top. Speaking of removing it, these cars are pretty tricky to assemble so removal is not going to be that intuitive, there may be hidden screws, plastic clips, etc

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Why would anyone want to disassemble a car that only has 59 miles on it??????

I posting and then nothing. Does something smell to anyone else?

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
1,504 Posts
Do you really think a dealer will do a PDI on any new vehicle? I don't!

We purchased a 2021 Santa Fe last year with 10 miles on the OD and there were still plastic/paper covers from HYUNDAI on the SUV. Was taken off of the transport truck that morning according to the general manager. In fact, the dealer prep people had not even put on the sticker that the dealers install on most cars with the dealership name on the car. So, I did not have to remove the sticker from our SUV.

We had to wait 30 to 45 mins for the car to be cleaned and detailed before the car was delivered to us. I went through the car interior opening up the floor storage compartment to insure everything was in place that should be there.
They didn't have the cleaning and detailing done before you got there? I hope you didn't give them 10 out of 10 when you got the survey....

·
Registered
2021 Sonata Limited
5,416 Posts
They didn't have the cleaning and detailing done before you got there? I hope you didn't give them 10 out of 10 when you got the survey....
I have bought over 7 cars at the same Hyundai dealer and it has never been cleaned before the sale.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Thank you all for your advice. I already fixed the problem, the cover was not well placed. I took it to the dealer and they fixed it in a few minutes. I'm so used to doing the repairs myself that I didn't think of taking it to the dealer. This is my first new car. Thanks again.
Glad you got it sorted. For a new car (maybe other than oil changes) the dealer is the best and first choice.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Fe Calligraphy AWD
146 Posts
Thank you all for your advice. I already fixed the problem, the cover was not well placed. I took it to the dealer and they fixed it in a few minutes. I'm so used to doing the repairs myself that I didn't think of taking it to the dealer. This is my first new car. Thanks again.
I know the feeling. Sometimes I have to catch myself and realize that the car is still under warranty and the repair is covered for free.

·
Registered
2021 Santa FE SEL NA engine
203 Posts
We never received a survey from Hyundai either. If we did, I would rip on the Hyundai USA office on the customer service from them on a BLUE LINK ISSUE we have.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts