Hyundai Forums banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo 8DCT HTRAC 20" wheels
997 Posts
If you have in in XM radio when you turn off the car, even if you have the phone plugged in, it will start up in XM when you restart the car. The nice thing is that it remembers what source you were on.

I have wired CarPlay® and if I use Apple Maps, Waze or Google Maps it speaks just fine. Just remember, that there is a separate volume for 'Navigation' volume. Make sure that is not turned to 0. Also, you can adjust the Radio, Navigation and other volumes separately when one is playing.

So if the Radio is playing, then pressing the lever on the wheel will adjust the radio volume, if the Navigation prompt is playing, pressing the lever while it's speaking will change it's volume. I generally set my navigation prompts about 4 lower than the radio, as the radio will be muted slightly and the navigation prompts don't startle my passengers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you have in in XM radio when you turn off the car, even if you have the phone plugged in, it will start up in XM when you restart the car. The nice thing is that it remembers what source you were on.

I have wired CarPlay® and if I use Apple Maps, Waze or Google Maps it speaks just fine. Just remember, that there is a separate volume for 'Navigation' volume. Make sure that is not turned to 0. Also, you can adjust the Radio, Navigation and other volumes separately when one is playing.

So if the Radio is playing, then pressing the lever on the wheel will adjust the radio volume, if the Navigation prompt is playing, pressing the lever while it's speaking will change it's volume. I generally set my navigation prompts about 4 lower than the radio, as the radio will be muted slightly and the navigation prompts don't startle my passengers.
Thanks for the tips! I will play with it more tomorrow. Do you have the issue with the radio shutting off it a text is read with CarPlay?

·
Registered
997 Posts
The radio mutes when the text is read and then Siri© asks if you want to reply. If you do or don't after the dialog screen is dismissed the radio restarts. Again, I have the wired CarPlay® so your mileage may differ.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The radio mutes when the text is read and then Siri© asks if you want to reply. If you do or don't after the dialog screen is dismissed the radio restarts. Again, I have the wired CarPlay® so your mileage may differ.
I also have wired. After the text is read, there is dead silence and the text screen stays on. I have to hit radio for it to turn back on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Same here — iOS 15 has done nothing for my wireless CarPlay problems. I’ve been dealing with this for months now and feel like I’m being patient, but this is awful. Several times now recently I’ve been driving somewhere I wasn’t familiar and had the whole screen and audio shut down over and over while I’m trying to follow along where I’m supposed to turn. It’s a safety issue. I’ve also twice recently on separate days been on a call through CarPlay and had it completely drop out while the screen died and rebooted. Cars over ten years old can easily handle a wireless phone call. I love this car, but this one issue is so frustrating it can ruin the whole experience of the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tried it… no fixes. May have even made it worse! 🤬
OK, I take it back. I had 15.0.2 that did nothing. When I updated to 15.1 it changed everything! I now have almost no complaints about CarPlay! (Never thought I’d say that)
My only gripe now is that I wish there was 1 button to push to change between CarPlay and the radio and vise versa. If I’m missing something here, please let me know.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson HEV Ultimate, White/Grey
180 Posts
My only gripe now is that I wish there was 1 button to push to change between CarPlay and the radio and vise versa. If I’m missing something here, please let me know.
Even though this thread (& your past issues) pertain to wireless CarPlay in the 8" Infotainment display, while I only have experience with the 10.25" display in mine, I do have some ideas for you.
  1. If you have a Mode button on the steering wheel (as I do), you can configure that to cycle through a number of different functions (including the various radio ones) with each press. Even while showing CarPlay, pressing this button turns on the radio.
  2. On the 10.25" Infotainment, you can configure the "star" button to bring up CarPlay. If yours is similarly capable, you can thereafter toggle between the two using the RADIO and "star" buttons.
  3. If you have split-screen capability (not sure this is available in the 8" screen), you can configure the radio to be one of the functions and control it from there.
HTH!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Even though this thread (& your past issues) pertain to wireless CarPlay in the 8" Infotainment display, while I only have experience with the 10.25" display in mine, I do have some ideas for you.
  1. If you have a Mode button on the steering wheel (as I do), you can configure that to cycle through a number of different functions (including the various radio ones) with each press. Even while showing CarPlay, pressing this button turns on the radio.
  2. On the 10.25" Infotainment, you can configure the button to bring up CarPlay. If yours is similarly capable, you can thereafter toggle between the two using the RADIO and buttons.
  3. If you have split-screen capability (not sure this is available in the 8" screen), you can configure the radio to be one of the functions and control it from there.
HTH!
I do have wired CarPlay either the big screen in my limited. So I can configure the mode button? How?
I have split screen capabilities, but when I go to set them the radio option is grayed out. I’d love to know how to have the screen split between CarPlay and radio! If there’s a way, please share! Thank you!😊

·
Registered
997 Posts
I do have wired CarPlay either the big screen in my limited. So I can configure the mode button? How?
I have split screen capabilities, but when I go to set them the radio option is grayed out. I’d love to know how to have the screen split between CarPlay and radio! If there’s a way, please share! Thank you!😊
You can configure what the mode button does and also what the Star button does (if you have it, I have it on the infotainment section buttons on my SF.

You configure both from the Vehicle section of the settings page.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can configure what the mode button does and also what the Star button does (if you have it, I have it on the infotainment section buttons on my SF.

You configure both from the Vehicle section of the settings page.
Thanks! I do have both buttons. I tried to configure the * button for voice memo, but couldn’t get it to work. I’ll keep trying.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson HEV Ultimate, White/Grey
180 Posts
Thanks! I do have both buttons. I tried to configure the * button for voice memo, but couldn’t get it to work. I’ll keep trying.
OK @SDNise , first, I thought you were using wireless CarPlay with the 8" Infotainment, but now I understand you have the same 10.25" model I do. Although mine is the Canadian model, likely yours won't be any different.

Secondly, on my original post, when I used the asterisk character to represent the "star" button, it only enabled italics and my second use of it disabled italics ... if you look at what you posted in response and examine the quoted part, you'll see the part that shows up in italics! (I've since edited my original post to say "star" instead of using the asterisk character.)

You can program the steering wheel Mode button to cycle through the radio modes you want. I'm NOT at the car now so I can't tell you EXACTLY where/how, but as I recall, it's reasonably straight forward.

I tried to program the steering wheel "star" button myself to Phone Projection but I couldn't get it to work. But when I then went back and configured its function as Cancel Route instead, it did work - go figure!

I was successful in configuring the "star" button on the Infotainment unit to Phone Projection ... with my iPhone connected and CarPlay active, now whenever I press it, the Infotainment brings up the CarPlay screen, as expected.

I have split screen capabilities, but when I go to set them the radio option is grayed out.
The radio option is grayed out in the Display configuration Split Screen setup because the Radio function is permanently enabled in the split screen. That configuration is used to select any other functions you want to cycle through when you swipe up/down in the split screen area. For example, if you have Weather and Clock checked on, each swipe UP in the split screen area will alternate between Radio, Weather and Clock.

Your other option is to enable split screen in your CarPlay. You do this through the Device Connections setup (not the Display configuration) - odd, but true ... check it out!

If you do this, you'll have less screen space for CarPlay, but you'll have the right-side split screen where you can display/control the Radio (and whatever else you checked ON in the Display configuration Split Screen setup).

I made quite a detailed post about this in another thread ... here:

If you need more, just ask ... good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK @SDNise , first, I thought you were using wireless CarPlay with the 8" Infotainment, but now I understand you have the same 10.25" model I do. Although mine is the Canadian model, likely yours won't be any different.

Secondly, on my original post, when I used the asterisk character to represent the "star" button, it only enabled italics and my second use of it disabled italics ... if you look at what you posted in response and examine the quoted part, you'll see the part that shows up in italics! (I've since edited my original post to say "star" instead of using the asterisk character.)

You can program the steering wheel Mode button to cycle through the radio modes you want. I'm NOT at the car now so I can't tell you EXACTLY where/how, but as I recall, it's reasonably straight forward.

I tried to program the steering wheel "star" button myself to Phone Projection but I couldn't get it to work. But when I then went back and configured its function as Cancel Route instead, it did work - go figure!

I was successful in configuring the "star" button on the Infotainment unit to Phone Projection ... with my iPhone connected and CarPlay active, now whenever I press it, the Infotainment brings up the CarPlay screen, as expected.

The radio option is grayed out in the Display configuration Split Screen setup because the Radio function is permanently enabled in the split screen. That configuration is used to select any other functions you want to cycle through when you swipe up/down in the split screen area. For example, if you have Weather and Clock checked on, each swipe UP in the split screen area will alternate between Radio, Weather and Clock.

Your other option is to enable split screen in your CarPlay. You do this through the Device Connections setup (not the Display configuration) - odd, but true ... check it out!

If you do this, you'll have less screen space for CarPlay, but you'll have the right-side split screen where you can display/control the Radio (and whatever else you checked ON in the Display configuration Split Screen setup).

I made quite a detailed post about this in another thread ... if I find it later, I'll come back to edit this post, linking to it.

In the meantime, good luck!
222cson, thank you for the info! I will definitely try reconfiguring the star button and also the split screen as you described. I greatly appreciate your help. Technology and I are not friends 😁

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sad to say I’ve also not found any fixes. 2022 Hybrid SEL Convenience here and running the versions shown below. I’ve not found any updates for the car and running the NAV download to USB it says there is nothing to update, so I assume it‘s the same version I’m already running.

We went to a location yesterday and no problems on the way down. All the way back Carplay was on and off every three minutes. Horrible. Even turning off and on the car didn’t work. Removing and repairing the device after getting home didn't either. Couldn‘t even get it to connect anymore. IPhone (XR 14.6) was rebooted several times and no help.

I’ve also tried turning off WiFI Ask To Join in case that was throwing off the wireless Carplay since it uses WiFi. No help either. It really seems to be a radio issue that we need to wait for a firmware to address.

Does anyone actually have this working well on an iPhone?

View attachment 459747
Hi, I have the same issues on my new Tucson 2022. Both CarPlay and Android Auto show issues with maps applications. It seems the Tucson device loses continuously the WiFi GPS information getting crazy. Having tried on two different devices (Apple iPhone 12 iOS version 15.1 and Samsung Galaxy S21 latest firmware) I think could be a wifi subsystem issue (hardware or software).

81 - 99 of 99 Posts