Hyundai Forums banner
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Limited Hybrid
1 Posts
It is an RF issue along with the connectivity. There are certain spots within my commute where I know for a fact that the apple car play will cease to work. It happens every time, but the reconnection after passing these points is hardly ever.
I just purchased a 2021 Tucson Hybrid Limited and I can't get the car to recognize the Iphone over the cable.
We have the 10 inch display and the specs say that Carplay only works over the cable, not via bluetooth. That might be an advantage if the problem with interference is an issue. We used the cable that came with the XR phone. It does not seem to recognize it at all when trying to do the setup. Hope someone else has figured out how to do it.

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo HTRAC 20" wheels
826 Posts
Humm, my 21 works perfectly. Did you by any chance no accept the prompt that asked you if you wanted to allow this iPhone to connect via CarPlay® the first time you plugged it in. If you missed it, you can go into the add a phone and go through the paring process again.

Other than that, the only other thing I've seen is you've turned off CarPlay® in the iPhone settings or most of the time you may not be using an official Apple or hi quality MiFi certified cable. CarPlay® is pretty picky about the cables.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Am I missing something? In the UK it clearly shows that you cannot use wireless carplay on the the 10.25 screen head only on the smaller 8 inch head, which comes on the lower specked UK models. In the UK we have two USB 3 connectors in the front with one specifically to plug the wire in to get carplay. The info we have is the larger screen systems do not support wireless apple carplay or AA??????
I apologize, as I could see how my post was misleading. Wireless Carplay is not an option on the Limited trim and thus you won't experience the issue described in my previous post. However, the restart button works the same should you ever encounter an issue with your head unit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just purchased a 2021 Tucson Hybrid Limited and I can't get the car to recognize the Iphone over the cable.
We have the 10 inch display and the specs say that Carplay only works over the cable, not via bluetooth. That might be an advantage if the problem with interference is an issue. We used the cable that came with the XR phone. It does not seem to recognize it at all when trying to do the setup. Hope someone else has figured out how to do it.
One of the USB ports is for power only (the right USB port on my SEL). To use carplay, you need to be plugged into the data transfer USB port. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a small pin reset button on the head unit. In my SEL, it’s near the bottom left corner of the screen. Push that with a pin when Carplay starts to act up and it should reboot the infotainment screen. This is the only way to actually get the system to reboot on command, the only other option is shutting off the vehicle for an inconvenient period of time. iPhone 12, iOS 14.7
Just wanted to jump in here. I tried everything in this forum and nearly ten others. My wireless CarPlay had been working fine then stopped working for days. This was the only thing that resolved my issue. Thank you for pro tip! 🙏🏻

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Ultimate, White/Grey
106 Posts
Am I missing something? In the UK it clearly shows that you cannot use wireless carplay on the the 10.25 screen head only on the smaller 8 inch head, which comes on the lower specked UK models. In the UK we have two USB 3 connectors in the front with one specifically to plug the wire in to get carplay. The info we have is the larger screen systems do not support wireless apple carplay or AA??????
FWIW, I can verify it's the exact same situation here in Canada for our 2022 Tucson Ultimate with 10.25" infotainment screen - no wireless CarPlay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2022 Hyundai Tucson owner here. Leased my car Memorial Day weekend of this year and had all the same Carplay issues stated on this thread starting about 2 hours after driving it off the lot. Was due for an upgrade on my iPhone that I had for about 3 years....switched to a Google Pixel 4a solely because of this CarPlay issue with me car. Works perfectly now and have not had a single issue since getting my Pixel on August 18th. Something to consider...

·
Registered
19 Posts
2022 Hyundai Tucson owner here. Leased my car Memorial Day weekend of this year and had all the same Carplay issues stated on this thread starting about 2 hours after driving it off the lot. Was due for an upgrade on my iPhone that I had for about 3 years....switched to a Google Pixel 4a solely because of this CarPlay issue with me car. Works perfectly now and have not had a single issue since getting my Pixel on August 18th. Something to consider...
I know tech is complicated, and Hyundai may not be unique, but hopefully Hyundai and Apple are watching threads like these. (I did contact Apple support and they kinda said it was a known issue but kinda waffled and just recommended I reset my head unit each time it happens.) If this could cause either of them to lose lifelong customers, you’d think they’d be concerned about that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am glad to know that I am not the only one having issues. I have the 2022 Santa Fe Trend and while the issues I have somehow different then what I am reading here, I still have lots of issues with the CarPlay that started the day after I got the car out of the dealer.

My issues are mostly related to phone calls and until today, used to occur after I hang up.

Before today, when I get a phone call, everything works fine. After I hang up, CarPlay thinks I am still on the phone and I can't get to any feature in the screen of the car. Everything I try I get a message saying this feature is not available while in a call. The only way to fix this is to reboot my phone.

Today, I got something new: I got a phone call, and a few seconds after answering, on the screen it display that the call was on hold, then hangup by its own. The person called me right away, same issue.

I read on a forum to reset the network settings on my phone, but didn't do any difference.

Other issue: From time to time, Google maps freezes while in used, so, the classic: I missed my exit every time since I was relaying on the Car play's screen.

I think I will contact the Hyundai service to have it checked, but from what I am reading here, I not sure they will be able to fix it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Curious, has anyone with the Car Play issue had it carry over to a new phone? Essentially, a fresh install?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Curious, has anyone with the Car Play issue had it carry over to a new phone? Essentially, a fresh install?
In theory, upgrading your phone shouldn't have a significant effect on the issue. I currently have an iPhone 12, and I still have issues every now and again. The best way to fix the issue is to follow the steps I alluded to earlier. I'd hate for someone to go spend $800 on a new phone for the sole purpose of fixing carplay. The iPhone 13 was just released, so I'm sure we will be getting feedback from those users soon.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Limited/Quartz White
47 Posts
In theory, upgrading your phone shouldn't have a significant effect on the issue. I currently have an iPhone 12, and I still have issues every now and again. The best way to fix the issue is to follow the steps I alluded to earlier. I'd hate for someone to go spend $800 on a new phone for the sole purpose of fixing carplay. The iPhone 13 was just released, so I'm sure we will be getting feedback from those users soon.
I don't think the post meant buying a new phone will solve. Fresh iOS install on a new phone may help, especially if the new phone is set up as new as opposed to restoring from a backup that may be corrupt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't think the post meant buying a new phone will solve. Fresh iOS install on a new phone may help, especially if the new phone is set up as new as opposed to restoring from a backup that may be corrupt.
Ah okay, I could see that helping, assuming that the phone/operating system is the source of the issue. My research and experience with troubleshooting the device has led me to believe that it's more of a connectivity (RF interference to be more specific) issue. Rebooting, unpairing & re-pairing the iPhone never fixes the issue, but rebooting the infotainment unit always fixes it. I could be wrong though! If anyone resets their iPhone and notices that these car play issues are gone please update the thread!

I'm also only referring to the issue where you get an error like "iPhone is unable to connect," and then car play stops working even if you delete/repair the device. Not slow/laggy/unresponsive apps

·
Registered
1 Posts
I upgrade to the iPhone 13 pro today and it finally works! IOS 15 came out today and part of the update included a general apple carplay update. Between the two of these I went three straight hours without issues with the wireless CarPlay. I’m assuming that it’s mostly the iOS, but I can’t distinguish between the two.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Ultimate, White/Grey
106 Posts
I upgrade to the iPhone 13 pro today and it finally works! IOS 15 came out today and part of the update included a general apple carplay update. Between the two of these I went three straight hours without issues with the wireless CarPlay. I’m assuming that it’s mostly the iOS, but I can’t distinguish between the two.
Thanks - your info is much appreciated! We have iPhone 12 Pros but based on this, I’ll be more likely to upgrade to iOS 15 sooner than later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sad to say I’ve also not found any fixes. 2022 Hybrid SEL Convenience here and running the versions shown below. I’ve not found any updates for the car and running the NAV download to USB it says there is nothing to update, so I assume it‘s the same version I’m already running.

We went to a location yesterday and no problems on the way down. All the way back Carplay was on and off every three minutes. Horrible. Even turning off and on the car didn’t work. Removing and repairing the device after getting home didn't either. Couldn‘t even get it to connect anymore. IPhone (XR 14.6) was rebooted several times and no help.

I’ve also tried turning off WiFI Ask To Join in case that was throwing off the wireless Carplay since it uses WiFi. No help either. It really seems to be a radio issue that we need to wait for a firmware to address.

Does anyone actually have this working well on an iPhone?

View attachment 459747
As others have suggested, download IOS version 15. It is a beta version, but it works!!! I just this for my brand new 2022 Hyundai Kona. No problems now.

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo HTRAC 20" wheels
826 Posts
As others have suggested, download IOS version 15. It is a beta version, but it works!!! I just this for my brand new 2022 Hyundai Kona. No problems now.
iOS 15 is not a beta but the general release version. 15.1 is a beta which I'm currently running.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have issues with my apple car play on 2021 Hyundai Tucson Se Connect mdh. During any phone call using car play, the person that i speak with can hear their voice on echo. All people i am talking too are saying that is very annoying and can't understand the conversation because they can hear their voice after they speak something. I was thinking it's because of ios 15 or cable, buyt tried with other iphone on previous ios and still the same. Called dealership to book me in for system updates but they are too busy at the moment and not sure when i could get an appointment. Car is 4 days old. We are in United Kingdom. We don't have the solution to self update the software in uk, can be done just at dealership.

Anyone else had this issue or a fix ?

Many thanks!

41 - 60 of 88 Posts