Hyundai Forums banner
21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes the whole thing is very odd. I was wondering if there might be a batch of defective radios out there as I’d expect to see this talked about more often, but your experience makes me think that’s not the case. For us the location where we are at when it drops is random. We can have a shorter trip that has no issues on the way down, and on the same way back it drops consistently every few minutes.

Makes we wonder if there is a setting somewhere. What I haven‘t yet is resetting the phone from a factory reset and leaving it with just the bare minimum setting and maybe just Google Maps. Aaargh…

·
Registered
24 Posts
i’m not getting any texts alerts on my android auto with my Samsung note 9 in my 2022 Tucson SEL Convenience any suggestions?

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
2,331 Posts
you must work for Hyundai
At least you know how to spell Tucson. But why harangue me? If you have some info on this issue, why not share it with us?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am having major wireless Carplay issues with my Tuscon Hybrid SEL that I got in early July. I haven’t driven it enough to pinpoint reasons or situations for it, but most times I try to use it to play music, the music (through Spotify, sometimes with Apple Maps) will cut out for a second maybe every 30-60 seconds. Then I’ve had multiple times where the whole console will shut down for a few seconds while it reboots itself (without me doing anything). And I’ve had a few times when it won’t connect at all and I get the “check your phone” message. Super frustrating to the point of not being able to use anything but the radio. I’ve tried some of the common solutions like restarting my phone and car, updating my version of iOS (on 14.7.1), deleting and reconnecting the phone to the car…

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having major wireless Carplay issues with my Tuscon Hybrid SEL that I got in early July. I haven’t driven it enough to pinpoint reasons or situations for it, but most times I try to use it to play music the music (through Spotify, sometimes with Apple Maps)will cut out for a second maybe every 30-60 seconds. Then I’ve had multiple times where the whole console will shut down for a few seconds while it reboots itself (without me doing anything). And I’ve had a few times when it won’t connect at all and I get the “check your phone” message. Super frustrating to the point of not being able to use anything but the radio. I’ve tried some of the common solutions like restarting my phone and car, updating my version of iOS (on 14.7.1), deleting and reconnecting the phone to the car…
Everyone that is having issue with carplay, I notice when I am using the Waze app is when I am getting the reconnection issue. I just switched to google gps. Will follow up. Let me know what you are using. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
We just took a four hour drive and amazingly it didn‘t cut out a single time. When going to work commute about 20 minutes it had cut out multiple times with disconnect issues. When it does cut out Apple Music, Audible, etc all drop via Carplay.

For the Four hour trip we used Google Maps and had no issues. The only difference is I hit the reset button before leaving for a full reset before we left. On iPhone XR 14.7.1,

Another oddity I noticed is there is no way I can find to just use Bluetooth for conenction. It‘s seems to be Carplay or nothing. If I try to not use Phone Projection and then use Bluetooth to just do audio/phone is says I need to connect via Carplay. So dissapointing that these bugs are on a brand new car like this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We just took a four hour drive and amazingly it didn‘t cut out a single time. When going to work commute about 20 minutes it had cut out multiple times with disconnect issues. When it does cut out Apple Music, Audible, etc all drop via Carplay.

For the Four hour trip we used Google Maps and had no issues. The only difference is I hit the reset button before leaving for a full reset before we left. On iPhone XR 14.7.1,

Another oddity I noticed is there is no way I can find to just use Bluetooth for conenction. It‘s seems to be Carplay or nothing. If I try to not use Phone Projection and then use Bluetooth to just do audio/phone is says I need to connect via Carplay. So dissapointing that these bugs are on a brand new car like this.
I will tell you that I’m taking my car in this Thursday for the problem. I have taken a video showing the trouble and I will get careful documentation of the visit from the dealer as well as keeping track of all correspondence. They are either going to fix the problem or the lemon law is going to be a problem for them. This is my third car with CarPlay and neither of the other two had any issues. This was a selling point of the car for me and I would have absolutely gotten a different brand if I had known ahead that this was a problem with Hyundai.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
2,331 Posts
I will tell you that I’m taking my car in this Thursday for the problem. I have taken a video showing the trouble and I will get careful documentation of the visit from the dealer as well as keeping track of all correspondence. They are either going to fix the problem or the lemon law is going to be a problem for them. This is my third car with CarPlay and neither of the other two had any issues. This was a selling point of the car for me and I would have absolutely gotten a different brand if I had known ahead that this was a problem with Hyundai.
Have you checked your lemon law? I doubt it applies to vehicle non-safety issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to vent a bit about the issues I'm having with my brand new 2022 Hyundai Tuscon. After purchasing the car at the dealership I sat in the parking lot with the salesman to setup apple carplay. It worked for a few minutes wirelessly and then didn't work again until we left the dealership. The salesman went back and forth with a technical person at the dealership and advised that I need to go to an apple store and downgrade to iOS 13.7 which is impossible.
Against my better judgement I left the dealership and it worked on and off for a few days. Ive tried all the troubleshooting steps to no avail.
  • Unpairing all devices in CarPlay
  • Unpairing all devices on the Tuscon car software.
  • Repairing all devices
  • Turning off low data mode on the wireless connection
This is a nightmare at best and at worst a safety hazard when driving to unfamiliar locations. I cant believe there are tons of people having this issue with a new car and Hyundai hasn't released any information.

Has anyone found a fix to this? For reference Im on an iPhone 8 plus - iOS version 14.6

Here is the firmware version of the vehicle.
I am having the exact same issues with my 2022 Tuscon Hybrid and I've taken it in to get repaired and all they did was reset my radio. Apparently there is an update needed by apple to solve these car play issues, but they haven't come out with one yet. My dealership keeps telling me to wait for the update.

My car will disconnect all devices and then say unable to connect phone
Car play will work while still saying unable to pair phone (not allowing me to control anything on the dash)
Phone will disconnect in the middle of calls - after this the stereo plays the audio only out of the front speakers and it sounds as if im playing music really loud out of my iphone (completely removes the bass in all music/podcast/audio)
Car play glitches 4-5 times before shutting off- will not let me recconect

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am having the exact same issues with my 2022 Tuscon Hybrid and I've taken it in to get repaired and all they did was reset my radio. Apparently there is an update needed by apple to solve these car play issues, but they haven't come out with one yet. My dealership keeps telling me to wait for the update.

My car will disconnect all devices and then say unable to connect phone
Car play will work while still saying unable to pair phone (not allowing me to control anything on the dash)
Phone will disconnect in the middle of calls - after this the stereo plays the audio only out of the front speakers and it sounds as if im playing music really loud out of my iphone (completely removes the bass in all music/podcast/audio)
Car play glitches 4-5 times before shutting off- will not let me recconect
There are many people on different forums that have been told this. When they call Apple, Apple tells them it’s a Hyundai problem. Also, I have the iOS 15.0 beta on my phone and it isn’t fixed so don’t hold your breathe on it being an Apple problem.

There are also many people saying they are having this problem with android auto too.

Everyone should keep pushing on Hyundai. Bottom line is that they are the car manufacturers so no matter the part on that car, they are responsible to make sure it works.

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo HTRAC 20" wheels
826 Posts
A simple cop-out is to blame Apple on everything. As Apple will never reply to anyone, Hyundai dealers have the perfect cop out. It's Hyundai's problem as wireless CarPlay® works on Fords, BMW's, Mercedes, shall I go on?????

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone resolved the issue on the 2022 Tucson? Picked mine up Friday and not able to connect Apple car play....very frustrating...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has anyone resolved the issue on the 2022 Tucson? Picked mine up Friday and not able to connect Apple car play....very frustrating...
Nope. I feel like I’ve tried all the things. On my SEL Hybrid with wireless CarPlay and running the latest version of iOS, 14.7, I have it crash and reboot about every 5-10 minutes. Happens a lot using Apple Maps and/or Spotify. 😞

·
Registered
52 Posts
My CarPlay has worked with no major issue for over 8k miles and more than 3 months. This is a statement only. Currently on 14.7.1

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid
29 Posts
Nope. I feel like I’ve tried all the things. On my SEL Hybrid with wireless CarPlay and running the latest version of iOS, 14.7, I have it crash and reboot about every 5-10 minutes. Happens a lot using Apple Maps and/or Spotify. 😞
Same here, then today it completely crashed and would not reconnect at all. It is ridiculous

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here, then today it completely crashed and would not reconnect at all. It is ridiculous
I have a 2021 Elantra and having the same issues since owning the vehicle. I’ve been to the dealership and called Hyundai. That have both blamed Apple. I’ve called Apple, while they have been more understanding and helpful believe it to be a Hyundai issue. They have forwarded the issue to their engineers for further review. I’ll probably head back to the dealership.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There is a small pin reset button on the head unit. In my SEL, it’s near the bottom left corner of the screen. Push that with a pin when Carplay starts to act up and it should reboot the infotainment screen. This is the only way to actually get the system to reboot on command, the only other option is shutting off the vehicle for an inconvenient period of time. iPhone 12, iOS 14.7

Wireless Carplay can be interrupted by a number of different external factors that may not be obvious to the everyday user (powerlines, radars, antennas... and many other things can cause electromagnetic interference that disrupt the connection between Carplay and your phone). When this happens, it throws the connection between your phone and the infotainment system out of sync (which is why you can't reconnect). To fix this, the infotainment system need to be restarted, not reset or put to sleep. The only way to do that on command, is to use the reset button I alluded to above. The "Power" button is misleading, as it only puts the infotainment system to sleep. Holding the "power" button for 10 seconds will restore the head unit to it's factory settings. It does this without restarting though, so Carplay still won't work even after you pair your phone again. Turing the car off an back on again instantly will not restart the infotainment system (even if you open the door and the screen shuts off). Doing this puts the infotainment system into sleep mode, it will an additional take 5-10 minutes for the head unit to fully power off. You'll know that the head unit restarted (or was fully powered off prior to starting the vehicle) if you see the Hyundai logo followed by a prompt to hit "confirm" on the terms and conditions screen.

It all boils down to turn it off and turn it back on again lol. I've circled the physical reset button location for both models below. Whenever Carplay has a connection issue, I just push the physical restart button and then all is good again. The button is recessed and located just past bottom left corner of the infotainment touch screen. You will need something small to push it (like the tip of mechanical pencil). Pushing this button does not restore the infotainment system to default settings, so all of your configurations will stay the same. No unpairing/repairing required. Give this a shot, next time you have issues. This method has worked rather consistently for me over the past few weeks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Am I missing something? In the UK it clearly shows that you cannot use wireless carplay on the the 10.25 screen head only on the smaller 8 inch head, which comes on the lower specked UK models. In the UK we have two USB 3 connectors in the front with one specifically to plug the wire in to get carplay. The info we have is the larger screen systems do not support wireless apple carplay or AA??????

21 - 40 of 88 Posts