Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'22 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Limited
36 Posts
Interesting as the Santa Cruz is built on the Tuscon platform.

Who knew that people wanted pickup's this bad, at least good looking pickups.

2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Dethrones Corvette as Fastest-Selling New Car in US
Ya....I have a '17 Ridgeline and love it, how it drives, and the size of the bed (looks? more of a C+ for mine with the new one getting a B for making the front end look more rugged). The concept of the Santa Cruz is interesting; however, the bed is quite small and it's not cheap when loaded, so I figured it would be more of a niche vehicle; however, if it does well on dirt roads, etc., it may be a great alternative for camping and hiking to these new Subaru's coming out. It will be interesting to see how long it stays a hit.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm not surprised that the Santa Cruz is doing well. It's direct competitor, the Ford Maverick, should do well also.

·
Registered
'22 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Limited
36 Posts
I'm not surprised that the Santa Cruz is doing well. It's direct competitor, the Ford Maverick, should do well also.
The Maverick might do well initially; however, we can only hope Ford has it right....I'd certainly trust a new model from Hyundai before a Ford.....their quality control seems to be sliding dramatically.....which is sad because I've had a few Fords, back in the day and they just ran and ran....

·
Registered
46 Posts
ford`s press release said the Maverick is an entry level pickup starting around $20,000.
the Santa Cruz starting price is way higher and loaded with all the bells and whistles is probably double the price of the Maverick. hardly seems like direct competitors.

·
Registered
141 Posts
ford`s press release said the Maverick is an entry level pickup starting around $20,000.
the Santa Cruz starting price is way higher and loaded with all the bells and whistles is probably double the price of the Maverick. hardly seems like direct competitors.
The mandatory destination charge for the Maverick is quite a bit higher than the Santa Cruz so the entry-level advantage of the Maverick is not quite as big as it seems. I'm thinking that the entry-level Maverick will probably be so severely stripped that no one will want it and the Santa Cruz will be price competitive feature-for-feature. Hyundai does not have a hybrid version, though, and may not offer one for a long time if ever. The Alabama plant has already announced that it will make all Santa Cruz models worldwide and the hybrids come from Ulsan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good article on pricing differences between the Santa Cruz and Ford Maverick. Looks like once you start adding in options the pricing becomes very interesting...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can see why. my mom has been drooling over one of these since it was rumored, she got the first one delvered in vegas. she loves it, and glad i talked her into the turbo engine. they are great driving little trucks, although heavy and MPG isnt great, however she has had it a month and isnt even at 500 miles yet so she really doesnt care lol i went with her to buy it, and i test drove it....i was really impressed, made me want one but MPG mattered to me and the Hybrid 22 tucson was my new buy. i can really see why these are desirable, they get attention, look really good, build quality is actually very nice, feels very solid as it is heavy. puts the boring basic half fugly ridgeline to shame in just about every way. honestly if it wasnt for the MPG needs for me, i would have jumped on one myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts