Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Elantra Ultimate Tech | 2013 Elantra GL
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a surprise. I thought for sure they'd change that stupid "do-nothing" screen to the left of the display to something functional in the regular line. Also thought we'd see the "oh crap" bar between the seats gone. Guess Hyundai is letting it ride.

Reactions: ElantraN-fan

·
Registered
2021 Elantra N Line | 6MT | Phantom Black
82 Posts
This was a surprise. I thought for sure they'd change that stupid "do-nothing" screen to the left of the display to something functional in the regular line. Also thought we'd see the "oh crap" bar between the seats gone. Guess Hyundai is letting it ride.
Here's a nice read on upcoming changes, if any, to the 2022 Elantra.

2022 Hyundai Elantra

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Elantra 2.0N/A IVT
29 Posts
If you go fast enough,you need the second "Oh crap" bar

·
Registered
2022 Elantra Limited Hybrid
4 Posts
Is it truly a do-nothing panel, or is it a sensor for checking if you are using the steering wheel in some safety modes?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The panel to the left of the gauge cluster is meant for a "Drive Mode" button in higher end models,but in the SEL and Base model its just dormant,the Steering safety sensor is based on movement of the wheel by the driver

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is it truly a do-nothing panel, or is it a sensor for checking if you are using the steering wheel in some safety modes?
The panel to the left of the gauge cluster is meant for a "Drive Mode" button in higher end models,but in the SEL and Base model its just dormant,the Steering safety sensor is based on movement of the wheel by the driver

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
on our hybrid ltd, it does nothing. and, the hybrid ltd is the only cn7 that has memory seat, and ventilated seats

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anyone know how to pop it out? Im thinking a 3d printed gauge pod would be fun in the N-lines.
I want to say the front black plastic face just clips on,But the clearance is so tight i would worry about damaging the plastic trying to remove it

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a vid on YouTube if you search 2021 Elantra radio removal. They go over how to take the dash apart and shows the steps and the screws etc.

Would be very helpful if you want that piece out.

·
Registered
2022 Elantra Limited Hybrid
4 Posts
Other than just being basic decoration, it's also possible it's used for something on another model and/or country.

·
Registered
2021 Elantra Ultimate Tech | 2013 Elantra GL
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Other than just being basic decoration, it's also possible it's used for something on another model and/or country.
It's just lazy design. It's one thing to have a dead button or no button if a feature is missing on a trim, it's another to have this dead thing sitting there like a leftover decorative panel from my hallway light. Seriously, they couldn't just have hooked it up to the drive modes in ALL the trims? Or found some useful information to put on it? I can think of half a dozen ways it could have enhanced the main speedometer screen. Imagine all the useful information that could have fit on there. A totally wasted opportunity to take a sharp, well designed set of screens and make them even slicker.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I couldn’t believe they had it in the Elantra N. A storage bin would have been a cheap alternative. A few buttons would have used the space without raising the questions.

Putting the start button there would be unconventional but match where the key is on race cars for easy shut off.

Hopefully they do something different soon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I couldn’t believe they had it in the Elantra N. A storage bin would have been a cheap alternative. A few buttons would have used the space without raising the questions.

Putting the start button there would be unconventional but match where the key is on race cars for easy shut off.

Hopefully they do something different soon.
It would have made a great spot to store ID cards and stuff like that

1 - 15 of 15 Posts