Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is 5'2" and I'm 6'2" causing lots of headaches due to our varying seat and mirror positions. We have a 2016 Santa Fe Sport with seat and mirror positions saved via a button entry on the driver's door. It's super convenient. We just purchased a 2022 Elantra Limited and was disappointed there was no seat/mirror memory settings like our Santa Fe. However, I happened to see a video on Digital Key in which it was mentioned that seat and mirror positions were saved via the Digital Key profiles. But I can't figure out how to save the seat/mirror positions within the Digital Key app. Does anyone know if it's possible and if so, how is it done?
Much thanks!
flying59

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
i think that option is only on the hybrid limited. same with the ventilated seats. also, our hybrid limited, and our sonata, both have the driver memory option on the infotainment screen. using the buttons on the door only changes the seat positions. using the option on the nav screen not only changes seat, but also mirrors, hvac, radio, dash display, and probably some others i have forgotten

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks hochiinn! I suspected that might be the case from the 2022 Elantra product guide that showed only the Hybrid Limited had the integrated seat and mirror memory settings. At the same time, the product guide is a little misleading since it states "Starting your Elantra remotely, or with the Hyundai Digital Key, also tunes radio presets and restores seat/mirror preferences ahead of time using your Bluelink personal profile". Nothing states that it applies only to the Hybrid Limited. Besides, what's the use of paying the extra cost of the Limited model if the better options are not included? Don't get me wrong, I love my Elantra but kind of disappointed I can't find a way to save the seat settings.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
the website USED to say(dunno if it was removed) that the limited also had height adjustable passenger seat. it does not. i had a long tirade with customer service, they admitted the web site did say that, but in the end, no elantra has it. and it is one of the reasons we bought the car. and the rep was kinda surprised, too

·
Registered
2021 Elantra Ultimate Tech | 2013 Elantra GL
70 Posts
Thanks hochiinn! I suspected that might be the case from the 2022 Elantra product guide that showed only the Hybrid Limited had the integrated seat and mirror memory settings. At the same time, the product guide is a little misleading since it states "Starting your Elantra remotely, or with the Hyundai Digital Key, also tunes radio presets and restores seat/mirror preferences ahead of time using your Bluelink personal profile". Nothing states that it applies only to the Hybrid Limited. Besides, what's the use of paying the extra cost of the Limited model if the better options are not included? Don't get me wrong, I love my Elantra but kind of disappointed I can't find a way to save the seat settings.
This was puzzling to me too. In Canada, I have the Ultimate Tech (like your Limited), which is the highest trim here. No memory seats. I was told that option is only available in the U.S. Another feature they took away to keep the Canadian versions competitive. Digital Key is another feature they didn't give us here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the website USED to say(dunno if it was removed) that the limited also had height adjustable passenger seat. it does not. i had a long tirade with customer service, they admitted the web site did say that, but in the end, no elantra has it. and it is one of the reasons we bought the car. and the rep was kinda surprised, too
Do you have a 2022 Elantra? The reason I ask is that we looked at a 2022 Elantra SEL with manually adjusted drivers seat and it had a seat height adjustment. It was kind of odd that you had to use a handle on the side of the seat to kind of "pump the seat" upward. The 2022 Limited that we bought has power drivers seat with a seat height option. I know this works because my wife needed the seat adjusted up to get a better view over the steering wheel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This was puzzling to me too. In Canada, I have the Ultimate Tech (like your Limited), which is the highest trim here. No memory seats. I was told that option is only available in the U.S. Another feature they took away to keep the Canadian versions competitive. Digital Key is another feature they didn't give us here.
Sorry to hear the Canadian version has no memory seats. Unless I figure out a way to do it with my non-Hybrid Limited, it appears the US version does not have memory seats either unless you own the Hybrid Limited. As far as the Digital Key is concerned, I'm still trying to figure out if I like it or not. Since I rarely lend my car to anyone, that use case is not very relevant for me. The other features on the Digital Key are mostly found in the BlueLink app so they're mostly duplicate options. I was hoping the Digital Key would enable the seat/mirror memory, but alas, it doesn't appear to do that.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Do you have a 2022 Elantra? The reason I ask is that we looked at a 2022 Elantra SEL with manually adjusted drivers seat and it had a seat height adjustment. It was kind of odd that you had to use a handle on the side of the seat to kind of "pump the seat" upward. The 2022 Limited that we bought has power drivers seat with a seat height option. I know this works because my wife needed the seat adjusted up to get a better view over the steering wheel.
passenger seat. dont care about driver seat. passenger

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I missed that you said "passenger" seat. I agree, the passenger seat doesn't have any height adjustment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife is 5'2" and I'm 6'2" causing lots of headaches due to our varying seat and mirror positions. We have a 2016 Santa Fe Sport with seat and mirror positions saved via a button entry on the driver's door. It's super convenient. We just purchased a 2022 Elantra Limited and was disappointed there was no seat/mirror memory settings like our Santa Fe. However, I happened to see a video on Digital Key in which it was mentioned that seat and mirror positions were saved via the Digital Key profiles. But I can't figure out how to save the seat/mirror positions within the Digital Key app. Does anyone know if it's possible and if so, how is it done?
Much thanks!
flying59
Hyundai GETTING CHEAP ON ESSINIALS ALSO NO SELF DIMMING MIRROR W/ HOME LINK !!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts