Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Elantra N Line | 6MT | Phantom Black
201 Posts
Yes, it is the gear ratio setup in the transmission. Sounds alarming but perfectly normal as I had experience in my other M/T vehicles.

·
Registered
201 Posts
What I referring to as "normal" is when you leave the gear in either 1st or 2nd, while coasting (not pressing on the gas pedal), is the humming noise. Not sure that humming noise is constant while shifting gears? If so, I have not noticed that in my N-Line.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Oh yea no, this is when taking off from first.

Here is a video...might have to turn it up.

Thanks for sharing the video. (Apologies as I mis-understood your original post.) Based on the video, it sounds like the emergency brake is still engaged or you have a stuck brake caliper? The initial acceleration noise is NOT NORMAL. I definitely don't have that noise in my N-Line.

·
Registered
201 Posts
No worries, thanks for confirming. E-brake is not engaged, and I'm not sure about the caliper. It goes away after a few seconds...like when I get going, and doesnt happen all the time, its intermittent, but seems like it happens more often the more I drive. Could be the caliper sticking, but I would rather have the dealer replace it.

Still not sure why my dealership told me this was normal. I'm going to make an appointment for a different dealership and see what they come back with.
That noise is definitely not NORMAL. I played your video a few times and my guess would be brake caliper or warped rotor? Do you hear it at certain speeds or just at launch?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts