Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thx. Its def noticeable...like hear it when the radio is on. Here is a quick video I took today

He
Oh yea no, this is when taking off from first.

Here is a video...might have to turn it up.

Hello, I have 400 miles on my 2022 Elantra N Line M/T and i have been getting those noises. I think we have a caliper that is hanging up possibly? It is really loud on mine lately. Its not constant but it does do it when taking off from a stop or slow roll after brakes applied. It also does it after being parked when E-Brake was engaged. Its close to the noise when you step on brakes after going through an auto wash and they are soaked with maybe some soap residue on them still. Im going to give it a couple hundred miles to see if it is just rotors and pads braking in still but i think a caliper is hanging up myself. Maybe the E-Bbrake cable tension is too tight,,ñ? Have to see if a TSB comes out on this. I will keep you up to date on what the fix is or will be.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, Any updates on that rear brake noise? Mine is way worse now at 1100 miles. Super loud when i barely stepping on brake going through a drive through also. Its pretty embarising on a new car with paper plates still. I guess off to the dealer to start the pain process. I only have 2 Hyundai dealers within 100 miles or more so could be a issue if they wont fix it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, actually haha. I meant to reply back to this submission yesterday. Long story short, I opened a case with Hyundai to do a buy back because I couldn't take it anymore and no dealer was willing to fix it. A part of their buy back is getting a master tech out there to look at the car, so Hyundai set up an appointment at my local dealer. Took it in on Monday, and got the car back Wednesday with the fix. They were able to replicate the issue and had to replace both rear brake calipers. Feels so much better now without that noise.

Yes, take it in and hopefully you get quicker results than me.
Hello, Awesome news. Hyundai can be a pain to get stuff fixed. I will set up appointment to have mine replaced but im sure it will take the normal 3 trips to dealership and months before its fixed. Im going to call hyundai customer service to see if there is TSB now or possible recall on them. Thanks for update.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, Any way i could get the name of the dealer that fixed your car so i can give it to the service dept at Lithia Hyundai here in Reno? Would you be able to give me the last 8 of Vin to give them to show who the Master Technician was that diagnosed it? Would help a bunch since you went through **** trying to fix it. My email is [email protected] if your ok with giving me that info? Thanks again. Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts